• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Replacing the Left Pivot Cover on the 2021 NC750xd abs

The Phoenix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me just state the obvious - you don't ride even a short distance with an 11 inch square concrete block in your lap.
In addition to learning that the hard way I learned that touch up paint for the 2021 Honda NC750 - Grand Prix Red - is R 380. I have been told by the vendor who sold me the R 380 that there is no Honda touch up paint for the Matt Silver paint nor the black paint. After TNHoosier was kind enough to help me identify the specific body panel I happened to come across a post by Bskicrash1 (I think) about front auxiliary lights that referenced a YouTube post by KSSTudios on how to install 2021 Honda NC750x USB Charger kit. I received help directly and indirectly from countless others. So I post these pictures and comments in case they provide information and assistance to others.

I found the YouTube video to be very helpful if you are going to remove the entire side panels of the NC750 which is what I ended up doing.
However what I found out is that you can replace the side cover pivot cover in a much easier way, and that is what I will share with you in this posting.
Notice that there are 2 trim pins in the second picture. By removing them and carefully sliding the back of the side cover/pivot cover from underneath the rear side cowl, you can pull the cover and slowly release the "bosses" from the grommets which hold both covers.

The side cover and pivot cover come off together and it is easier to remove the pivot cover (matt silver) once you remove the two bolts that attach them. You then replace the pivot cover, put the two bolts back and then put the side cover/pivot cover back onto the side of the bike and carefully under the rear side cowl. Push the bosses back into the grommets and then put the 2 trim pins back into place.

Or you can do what I did - remove all of the panels on the left side of the bike (as was done in the YouTube video). Not that it wasn't a learning experience but it was a lot shorter and easier this way.

Attachments

• Scratched Side Cover Pivot Cover.jpg
    Scratched Side Cover Pivot Cover.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
  • Side Cover Pivot Cover.jpg
    Side Cover Pivot Cover.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 19
  • Left Pivot Cover Repair.jpg
    Left Pivot Cover Repair.jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 19
Back