• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Rerouting DCT parking brake cable to the inside of the triple tree for bar riser?

16DCT

Reaction score
Visit site
Can this change be made from the parking brake lever assembly at the handlebar, or do I need to start from the back from the parking brake caliper assembly?

On a side note, is it easy to undo the parking brake cable from the assembly at the handlebar? My service manual is a few days out still so I'll be doing this job off the cuff.

I ended up having to have parking brake cable lengthened when I added risers. I had to reroute the front brake hose thru the triple tree someway, don’t remember specifics,

For what it's worth I have installed 30 mm and 50 mm risers and had no need to reroute the parking brake cable.
I'm going from a 2" rise (which didn't need rerouting, but slightly tight) to a 3.5". I also need it angled back towards the rider because I have short arms. I have no choice but to reroute it.

Last edited:
I ended up having to have parking brake cable lengthened when I added risers. I had to reroute the front brake hose thru the triple tree someway, don’t remember specifics,
Do you recall how to remove the cable from the parking brake lever assembly at the handlebar? Someone said there's a place to pry it open after removing a retaining clip.

And yeah I already have the brake line re-routed under the triple clamp.

I'm going from a 2" rise (which didn't need rerouting, but slightly tight) to a 3.5". I also need it angled back towards the rider because I have short arms. I have no choice but to reroute it.
I can see how it would need re-routing with that amount of lift.

I went to 3.2 inches rise and extended everything, all cables, hose, and wiring, however I don’t have a parking brake on my MT. For throttle and clutch cables, I used parts from the Honda CTX, which are 80 to 100 mm longer than NC cables. Have you looked into possibly getting a parking brake cable from a CTX DCT?

For long term reliability reasons, I personally refuse to route cables to the other side of the triple clamps, preferring instead to use proper length cables and hoses, and following original routing. I do not want to introduce more bending and stress on the cables by short cutting their routing.

I can see how it would need re-routing with that amount of lift.
Well, I'm not gonna suggest that your experience was not as you have indicated but likewise, my parking brake cable, as originally routed, was indeed too short after lifting the handlebars. Since our experiences appear to be 180 degrees apart on what would appear to be essentially the same bike, we've got a mystery on our hands ... and I don't know how to resolve that. There's probably some other confounding factor that we're not aware of.

Well, I'm not gonna suggest that your experience was not as you have indicated but likewise, my parking brake cable, as originally routed, was indeed too short after lifting the handlebars. Since our experiences appear to be 180 degrees apart on what would appear to be essentially the same bike, we've got a mystery on our hands ... and I don't know how to resolve that. There's probably some other confounding factor that we're not aware of.
My 50 mm risers are the Rox adjustable ones and I pulled the bars back about 10 mm from inline with the fork tubes, I also raised the fork tubes 12 mm in the clamps. Between these maybe that accounts for the different 'fit'?

NC700X Rox pic.jpg

My 50 mm risers are the Rox adjustable ones and I pulled the bars back about 10 mm from inline with the fork tubes, I also raised the fork tubes 12 mm in the clamps. Between these maybe that accounts for the different 'fit'?

View attachment 46647
Yeah, that could be it. In my case, I used a fixed riser that moved the bars up and back, with a total displacement of about 2" (or about 50mm). That and possible different handlebar up/down orientation might well explain our different experiences.

I went to 3.2 inches rise and extended everything, all cables, hose, and wiring, however I don’t have a parking brake on my MT. For throttle and clutch cables, I used parts from the Honda CTX, which are 80 to 100 mm longer than NC cables. Have you looked into possibly getting a parking brake cable from a CTX DCT?

For long term reliability reasons, I personally refuse to route cables to the other side of the triple clamps, preferring instead to use proper length cables and hoses, and following original routing. I do not want to introduce more bending and stress on the cables by short cutting their routing.
I will probably do this eventually but for now I think it'll be fine just being rerouted. But even if I bought the CTX cable I still don't even know how to get the original one off the bike (at the handlebar) lol.

Back