• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Return to the Land of the Dragon...again....2017

BUMP!

KSL is about one week away!

What am I supposed to do for a whole week?
Oh well, just prep the bike I guess.
1. Replace chain/sprockets
2. Replace brake pads
3. Replace LED running lights
4. Straighten bent mirror
5. Tinker with suspension
6. Drink more AT cool-aid

What am I supposed to do for a whole week?
Oh well, just prep the bike I guess.
1. Replace chain/sprockets
2. Replace brake pads
3. Replace LED running lights
4. Straighten bent mirror
5. Tinker with suspension
6. Drink more AT cool-aid
I've got quite a to-do list as well.
1. Install PC-8
2. Install power plugs
3. Install driving auxillary lights
4. Install heated grips (only doing this because of other items to install)
5. Install barkbusters
6. Actually learn how to install electrical accessories

If #6 doesn't happen, I'll just have extra battery packs for my electronics :D

I've got quite a to-do list as well.
1. Install PC-8
2. Install power plugs
3. Install driving auxillary lights
4. Install heated grips (only doing this because of other items to install)
5. Install barkbusters
6. Actually learn how to install electrical accessories

If #6 doesn't happen, I'll just have extra battery packs for my electronics :D
You could just bring all the parts.
We'll get it all done while you sleep.
No guarantee they'll work or kill your battery tho' :p

The weather is 79F and dry at least through Friday.

IMG_0119.jpg

Last edited:
T-7 days, 16 hours and counting. Leaving here on the morning of the 18th (depending on temp-the temps are bouncing around here so much:20-30 F degree difference from daytime highs to nighttime lows). If I leave out from here around 6am ET, I should be at Deals Gap by noon (All interstate until Knoxville TN: I-65 to I-64 to I-75), drive thru the Dragon to Deals Gap. Stop for lunch, and be at Kickstand around 1-130pm ET. That is the plan so far-it could change on a whim (how I get there anyways).

Two or three!!
Cool!

We are three.

I hope to join rides but don't want to do dirt/mud/creeks.
We shall see, eh?
Looking forward to seeing folks again.

Hey Therapy, I ride with you. I know how to ride gravel, creeks but don't enjoy it so I will be keeping to asphalt. The ride over to Maggie Valley is good.

Hey Greg, what route do you have planned to get there and when do you plan on arriving?

I usually hightail it to Louisville then jump off the interstate and run 2 laners from there. Not sure yet if I'm leaving Tuesday morning or Wednesday morning. Please don't make fun of me, but there's also this slim chance I might trailer it down.

The Museum is great for Harley fans. No Japanese bikes are allowed in the Wheels Through Time Museum.

The museum is American bikes. Harley just happens to have made the most. Anything made in U.S. is likely to be found there. Lots of Indians and many unique bikes. My favorite is the Traub. Found in a wall in Chicago and no one has any knowledge of its origins yet very advanced bike for its time.

Also everything runs. Got a ride with Dale around the outside on an enduro rig. I've seen him do burnouts in the Museum. If he or is son is there just show some interest and he is likely to start up a few bikes for you to see / hear them run. Awesome place.

The first year I went up there, a fellow from Florida was going to cancel. The group said trailer up and they'd fix it. Canopies were set up, bearings were changed as well as several other repairs. When I arrived on Thursday, 4 bikes were in the canopy getting various repairs. That was a great year.

I replaced the chain last week but generally I avoid service or maintenance for several weeks prior to a trip. Things can go wrong or can find something else requiring ordering a part or something invariably back-ordered until after the trip.

Is anyone riding up from the Atlanta area Wednesday evening or Thursday morning? I will be visiting my sister in the Emory University area and then riding up from there.

I usually hightail it to Louisville then jump off the interstate and run 2 laners from there. Not sure yet if I'm leaving Tuesday morning or Wednesday morning. Please don't make fun of me, but there's also this slim chance I might trailer it down.

With our weather lately, if I had the trailer option, I would think about it. No problem. I have to work Wednesday and no way I could get out of here without pulling into Kickstand after dark, and riding thru that area at night-hmmph, not so much; especially after I got t-boned by a deer 1 mile from my house last September at 0dark30-I'' just wait until 0600 Thursday morning before pulling out. Be safe.
By the way, if you come thru Louisville, the I-65 bridges (2 of them now) are now toll roads and the East end bridge (I265) is also a toll bridge. The I-64 bridge at New Albany is still no-tolls.

Back