• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Return to the Land of the Dragon...again....2017

Today at KSL8, I found this nice road south of the Cherohala, called Davis Creek Rd. There's a one lane decent gravel middle section about 6.5 miles, with pavement on either end. I made a loop out of it and rode both directions. One logging truck went by, otherwise no traffic.

IMG_2689.jpg

Later, when trying to head back to camp, the GPS said to take this road, but I didn't because it turned out to be a hiking trail.

IMG_2694.jpg

Last edited:
Rolling in tomorrow PM, with fiestcr.
We are going to find some gravel FS roads enroute and get lost, maybe :rolleyes:
See y'all tomorrow.

T S N, and Therapy and his boys are here!

670...I've always wanted to go up river road and pick up davis creek to go all the way through to Murphy. Maybe loop back on Joe brown highway. I've done N river road to over to Santeelah rd.

I'm leaving here shortly with my friend Kodiak and we'll probably get in about 6pm. Gunnut37086 will be leaving tomorrow to meet up.

Dale,

Wish you were here, get well soon!

At dinner Bobby said a few words of thanks to the Nighthawk/Africa Twin/NC700X group and to you in particular for bringing many of us year after year back to Kickstand Lodge. Good riding today with good friends.

Thanks for sharing those kind words. I just love going up there and being around like minded riders. It like my old man fraternity. (not that you guys are old)

I got my house emptied today and furniture stored. Wifey and I are officially homeless for a few months.

I see the surgeon next week. Hope he'll clear me. I think I can ride, but no off road. If I drop it, I don't think I can lift with one arm. Still can't handle more than about 5 pounds with the right.

You guys have fun, post pics and sip a cold one for me.

Do you have that on GPS? I wonder how it all connects. Isn't the gravel part past Bald river falls the gravelhala? I did that a few years ago on the DR. Had no clue where I was till we came out the other side.
I have it loaded in my GPS and for once it actually guided our group correctly without major incident.
670cc and I were joined by KSL noobs: CRSTEP,Kodiak and fiescr.
We rolled out 9:30 and made it back to MO's famous BLT dinner.
With no rain and high 80's it was a bit dusty and hot. We rode 1-5 and everyone agreed we gain altitude and head over to the Pkwy.
I spotted an NC coming up from the West of the overlook where we were stopped and gunnut also recognized our group.
Perfect timing, as if we had planned to meet him there.
I'll let others fill in the details about the route but it was one of the best I had this year. Same roads for me, so it must have been the good company[emoji2]
Thunder Mtn general store
26afc2095ab64be22edde7e1288d5604.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just down the road. A del web community. My wife has mobility issues and our townhouse has become very difficult for her. Its near Brier Creek, near the end of Leesville rd. Wont be ready till Aug.

Here's a quick snap of a stop along one of the great primitive roads DCTFAN led us on. It was gravel road trial by fire for CRStep, shown on the left, but she came through with flying colors. While it wasn't "off road", a few spots were challenging by gravel road standards.

IMG_2707.jpg

The person that sorta almost barely dropped their bike was me, on pavement after I hauled down quick to avoid t-boning a pickup that crossed our path, at the weirdest intersection I've ever seen. I guess I tipped over in slow motion and held the bike up off the pavement since there's not a scuff or scratch anywhere to be found. DCTFAN rescued me and got me upright.

Last edited:
Just down the road. A del web community. My wife has mobility issues and our townhouse has become very difficult for her. Its near Brier Creek, near the end of Leesville rd. Wont be ready till Aug.
Nice. I was worried you were leaving the area and we had not even ridden together yet. We need to do a ride when your mobile again. Pm me when your ready. I'm in Arkansas now. (Sorry didn't mean to intrude on the thread)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Still.missing being there. The good news is I finally sold my old Nighthawk tonight

Last edited:
Back