• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Return to the Land of the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
My older son wins the prize for the "Most Worn Tire" after the trip.

There are several theories as to why the left is more worn than the right.

It is known the 2014 tires were not much good also. This one has about 3000 miles on it.

IMO, the rear tire was not aligned properly.

Thank you for the link. Got my group photo downloaded.
Here's my Dragon shot:
View attachment 29808

Yep. I'm thinking I'm working these Dragon corners pretty hard and this guy's right behind be standing up the whole way making it look so easy!

Last edited:
Greg, I was only trying to get a better see of how
you were turning the hairpins like you were on rails!

I had a blast.
Thanks again for riding with me.

IMO, the rear tire was not aligned properly.

I have had this same left side tire wear issue on a '09 ninja 250r, '02 Goldwing, '12 nc700x, and my friends '01 goldwing. I researched this over many years and have come to the conclusion that it is case by the crown of the road when riding mostly 2 lanes and right line of 4 lane roads and very little riding in the left lane on 4 lane roads to balance it out. It happens on both front and back tires to me.

I finally got to Kickstand about 9 am Friday and left about noon on Sunday. Nice to meet other NCX'ers, new ones and those previously met. Had a great time. Got home safely on Wednesday afternoon. A little bit of rough weather on the last half of the ride home to Oregon. Garmin Trip B shows total of 6785 mile on this trip.

image.jpg

Ray

I finally got to Kickstand about 9 am Friday and left about noon on Sunday. Nice to meet other NCX'ers, new ones and those previously met. Had a great time. Got home safely on Wednesday afternoon. A little bit of rough weather on the last half of the ride home to Oregon. Garmin Trip B shows total of 6785 mile on this trip.

Ray

You have become a real adventure rider, learning to handle what ever confronts you.

Ray,
It was great meeting you and seeing your 'mule'.
Never would have recognized you without the trailer though.
Your profile photo has a guy with a beard.

Is there a thread for the 2017 event yet?

Need to plan for it.

Maybe we're not invited? :confused::(

But, yes, I want to get this on my calendar! Weekend before Memorial Day, perhaps?

Havent started one yet...but the tradition is the weekend before memorial weekend. I.think thats May 20?

I believe I have a tango lesson that week.

[video=youtube;Xr8vYWlHvWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr8vYWlHvWw&list=PLFZUcZE2-Blf1b-7X-20OtjmqgOSPNslo&index=8[/video]

Last edited:
took me awhile to comprehend your post.
I thought you had tango incorporated into your post therapy. :)

I believe I have a tango lesson that week.

[video=youtube;Xr8vYWlHvWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr8vYWlHvWw&list=PLFZUcZE2-Blf1b-7X-20OtjmqgOSPNslo&index=8[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back