• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Rev-limiter

I wish there was a mod to increase the rev a few hundred RPM. Although some may disagree, You certainly won't hurt this engine.
By the time you have reached the rev limiter on the NC, you have already passed the peak of the power curve. There is nothing to gain by reving higher. If you are looking for more power, you have missed the point of the NC’s design objectives, and you bought the wrong motorcycle.

Wishful thinking and hand-wringing often follow poor pre-purchase research ; }

"The NC was designed around volumetric efficiency not hp per litre".

This is the best description of the bike I've read so far. How do to you sell this to a culture where hp is everything?

I ride the heck out of it and others don't realize the "efficiency" until at the pumps. When I fill up I'm usually running fuel out the vent and at 78 mpg..... well people just don't believe it's possible. It is also designed to go 0 to 65 as quick as possible to get up to "highway" speeds.

"The NC was designed around volumetric efficiency not hp per litre".

This is the best description of the bike I've read so far. How do to you sell this to a culture where hp is everything?

I ride the heck out of it and others don't realize the "efficiency" until at the pumps. When I fill up I'm usually running fuel out the vent and at 78 mpg..... well people just don't believe it's possible. It is also designed to go 0 to 65 as quick as possible to get up to "highway" speeds.
I think more of the world understands the efficiency concept, but not so much the USA market. It’s a wonder Honda even attempts to sell the NC in the US. The media journalists that review the bike usually crave horsepower, and do a disservice when they put the bike down due to a lack of understanding it’s purpose.

You are so correct! Then with hp comes more weight to deal with forces and such. Then the war begins to a law of diminishing returns. People don't appreciate the brilliance and versatility of this "SUV" of a bike.

Just took out a preown 750x 2016 (January registered, non LED version) with 18k km mileage and bought it at a good price. First reaction that it reaches that strained feeling after 4k rpm. Pulls through 6k but I changed gears prior to it. I would say its limit is what makes it really fuel efficient, which is the reason I bought it in the first place. Well, if I need my thrills I can always hop on my other bike.

For now this bike can really be called a workhorse. Need a few tweaks which I need to slowly find, read and understand in this forum.

For me the more utilitarian and comfortable I made the bike the better I appreciated it. The plus for me is being able to take it off road. Super versatile.

This forum has all the answers you need and with experienced riders with multiple bike ownership. Got me where I wanted.

Hi. Its the one with the conventional bulbs with the rear brake light on the plate extender. Think 2016 is also when the nc750x came with led bulbs on the front with flushed tail light.

Back