• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Review - Madstad and MRA X-Creen Tourer

PortlandZinMan

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered from Amazon: MRA 4025066125036 X-Creen Clear Bolt-On/Add-On Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade

My search is finally over. Today, I was finally happy with my windscreen setup. With the adjustability of both the Madstad (20") and the X-Creen, I was able to easily go for smooth and quiet and having a nice cooling breeze to full blown wind in my hair mode. I spent all afternoon doing 2.5 mile loops and testing various adjustments for affect. Of course, your results will very, but I am very happy. A few lessons:

First, I wasn't planning on drilling my Madstad, but found the clamp on version of the mounting just too cludgy and it obstructed vision a lot more than the simpler mounting kit where the screen needed to be drilled (easy if you take if very slow and drill pilot holes first).

Secondly, my advice is to order the clear one - for smooth and quiet mode, you are look through the spoiler. Of course, I have a few photos. This is "gentle breeze" mode. To adjust to smooth and quiet - I just adjust the spoiler to ride above the Madstad.

I am happy. Now to tackle the seat issue. Or maybe oil? Tires?

Attachments

• IMG_5396.jpg
    IMG_5396.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_5402.jpg
    IMG_5402.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 366
My Madstad is well below my line of sight and almost blocks too much air. I wonder what the difference is between my set up and yours? I know mine is a 22" and I'm 5' 6".

My Madstad is well below my line of sight and almost blocks too much air. I wonder what the difference is between my set up and yours? I know mine is a 22" and I'm 5' 6".

Wow - I am 6' and could barely see over the 22' at it lowest setting (easy to tell as it was dark gray). Strange.

Mine was a prototype of the second (?) version for 2012-2015 models. Perhaps the holes in the screen for the brackets are further up from the bottom in production models.

My bike is shown on the Madstad web site. Black bike, guy in blue T-shirt.

Do you keep your Madstad in the fully down position? It looks like that in your pics.

That's where it is currently. That cuts down on the wind that comes up between the dashboard and the bottom of the screen (It is cold here! The less wind chill factor, the better) When it warms up, I'll raise the screen and lower the spoiler (that is the plan, anyway).

Back