• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Review of Madstad Windshield on 2022 Honda NC 750X DCT – I LOVE This Windshield

whitebrian

Reaction score
Visit site
The factory windshield on the 2022 NC 750X looks stylish, but it’s real small. I suspected it wouldn’t provide much wind protection, and riding the bike confirmed it. The factory windshield provided some relief on my torso, but none on my helmet. The air hitting my helmet was clean, but there was basically no wind protection. I’m 5’ 9” with a 31” inseam.

Prior to my NC750X, I had a 2014 Honda Forza 300 Maxi Scooter. The Forza had the tall factory screen and a Motoparty Motorcycle Windshield Extension that I bought on Amazon. This combination provided excellent wind protection; I could flip open my XL Shoei Neotec II modular helmet and ride at slow speeds (<35 mph) without feeling any wind pull on the helmet. I was also well protected with the helmet closed at freeway speeds (~65 mph). My goal was to replicate this excellent wind protection on the NC750X.

I bought the light grey Madstad windshield as it is their most popular color, about $325 shipped. Based on Madstad’s sizing chart, I bought the 18-inch windshield for riders 5’8” - 5’-10”. When I measured using the technique on their website NC750X (2021- Up) – MadStad Engineering I measured 16” from tank to mouth, and 16”+4” would be a 20” windshield.

It took me about 3 hours to install it, following an excellent step-by-step video on Madstad’s web site, link here:
The install required taking most of the front body panels off. It wasn’t hard, but it was very time consuming as I worked slowly and carefully on my brand-new bike. While the 18” Madstad windshield was much better than the factory one, it wasn’t good enough for me. The Madstad bracket has 2” of vertical adjustment, but in any position (and I found all the way up to be best), I still couldn’t get the wind off my helmet. At the highest setting, I was still getting wind at eye level on my helmet and a lot of wind pull with the helmet open. The first photo compares the 18” Madstad to the factory windshield.

The Madstad bracket has a stiffening bar where you could mount a phone or GPS holder. I tried mounting my phone holder on this bar, but it vibrated much more (due to wind vibration against the windshield) than when mounted to the handlebars, so I moved the phone mount back to the handlebars.

I talked to the folks at Madstad, and they provided a coupon code to purchase another size screen (no brackets, just the screen) at a 60% discount, ~$85 shipped. I ordered a 22” screen, knowing that in it’s lowest setting, it was only 2” taller than the 18” at it’s highest setting. Since the brackets were already on the bike, swapping the 18” for the 22” was easy, taking me only 10 minutes. I set the 22” screen at the middle height setting (1 inch up from the bottom) and went for a ride. YES!!! This provided the wind protection I was looking for!!! I could ride with my modular helmet open at up at ~40 mph with no wind pull. With the helmet closed, I was also well protected at 65 mph with the wind a couple inches above the top of my helmet. At this mid height setting, I could see over the windshield pretty well. I could see the ground ~16 feet in front of me, looking over the windshield. At this setting, the top of the 22” screen is about even with the middle of my nose, just below my eyes.

Photo 2 compares the 22” screen to factory; photo 3 compares the 22” to the 18”, and photo 4 shows the 22” Madstad mounted on the bike.

I didn’t ride with the factory windshield long enough to provide before and after MPG numbers. With the 22” Madstad, I am getting around 63 MPG when riding 1-up on the highway or during spirited riding in Sport mode. I’m getting around 75 MPG during 1-up easy riding in Standard mode (35-40 mph with minimal stops).

Overall, I LOVE the 22” Madstad Windshield and would highly recommend it.

Attachments

• IMG_1835.JPG
    IMG_1835.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1894.JPG
    IMG_1894.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1895.JPG
    IMG_1895.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1897.JPG
    IMG_1897.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 170
The factory windshield on the 2022 NC 750X looks stylish, but it’s real small. I suspected it wouldn’t provide much wind protection, and riding the bike confirmed it. The factory windshield provided some relief on my torso, but none on my helmet. The air hitting my helmet was clean, but there was basically no wind protection. I’m 5’ 9” with a 31” inseam.

Prior to my NC750X, I had a 2014 Honda Forza 300 Maxi Scooter. The Forza had the tall factory screen and a Motoparty Motorcycle Windshield Extension that I bought on Amazon. This combination provided excellent wind protection; I could flip open my XL Shoei Neotec II modular helmet and ride at slow speeds (<35 mph) without feeling any wind pull on the helmet. I was also well protected with the helmet closed at freeway speeds (~65 mph). My goal was to replicate this excellent wind protection on the NC750X.

I bought the light grey Madstad windshield as it is their most popular color, about $325 shipped. Based on Madstad’s sizing chart, I bought the 18-inch windshield for riders 5’8” - 5’-10”. When I measured using the technique on their website NC750X (2021- Up) – MadStad Engineering I measured 16” from tank to mouth, and 16”+4” would be a 20” windshield.

It took me about 3 hours to install it, following an excellent step-by-step video on Madstad’s web site, link here:
The install required taking most of the front body panels off. It wasn’t hard, but it was very time consuming as I worked slowly and carefully on my brand-new bike. While the 18” Madstad windshield was much better than the factory one, it wasn’t good enough for me. The Madstad bracket has 2” of vertical adjustment, but in any position (and I found all the way up to be best), I still couldn’t get the wind off my helmet. At the highest setting, I was still getting wind at eye level on my helmet and a lot of wind pull with the helmet open. The first photo compares the 18” Madstad to the factory windshield.

The Madstad bracket has a stiffening bar where you could mount a phone or GPS holder. I tried mounting my phone holder on this bar, but it vibrated much more (due to wind vibration against the windshield) than when mounted to the handlebars, so I moved the phone mount back to the handlebars.

I talked to the folks at Madstad, and they provided a coupon code to purchase another size screen (no brackets, just the screen) at a 60% discount, ~$85 shipped. I ordered a 22” screen, knowing that in it’s lowest setting, it was only 2” taller than the 18” at it’s highest setting. Since the brackets were already on the bike, swapping the 18” for the 22” was easy, taking me only 10 minutes. I set the 22” screen at the middle height setting (1 inch up from the bottom) and went for a ride. YES!!! This provided the wind protection I was looking for!!! I could ride with my modular helmet open at up at ~40 mph with no wind pull. With the helmet closed, I was also well protected at 65 mph with the wind a couple inches above the top of my helmet. At this mid height setting, I could see over the windshield pretty well. I could see the ground ~16 feet in front of me, looking over the windshield. At this setting, the top of the 22” screen is about even with the middle of my nose, just below my eyes.

Photo 2 compares the 22” screen to factory; photo 3 compares the 22” to the 18”, and photo 4 shows the 22” Madstad mounted on the bike.

I didn’t ride with the factory windshield long enough to provide before and after MPG numbers. With the 22” Madstad, I am getting around 63 MPG when riding 1-up on the highway or during spirited riding in Sport mode. I’m getting around 75 MPG during 1-up easy riding in Standard mode (35-40 mph with minimal stops).

Overall, I LOVE the 22” Madstad Windshield and would highly recommend it.
Good write up. This might help someone trying to decide what height screen to order.

thorough, well done write up. will definately be beneficial for others considering Madstad windscreens.
on another note : "i worked slowly and carefully on my brand-new bike".
congratulations on your new ride. you're going to love it.
how did you manage to find a new nc and do know if this was a recent delivery to your Honda dealership?
i'm inquiring as i, like others, have been trying to purchase one for some time and would love to hear that they are being shipped to US again.

I wish I had better news to report, but I ordered a 2021 NC750X DCT from my local dealer in March of 2021 and took delivery of a 2022 in April 2022, 13 months later.

It was worth the wait, as the bike is awesome. The DCT shifts far quicker and more accurately than I could ever hope to. The engine braking is also fantastic, effortlessly stepping down through the gears.

I am confused about this posting. I called madstad myself and they said they have not made a windscreen for 2021 nc750X
They said they have not had one in the shop in Brooksville Florida for the photos and testing for R&D . There is not one listed for those model years on the website of course.
The video clearly looks like a 2021 up NC750X. Very intriguing since I just spoke with them last week at their headquarters.
I purchased one last fall for my 2022 model 750X. I did click the link posted above and it shows error on the site.
Strange for sure as I used their install video to put mine on. Wonder if they had a problem with them.
So far mine has been fine.

I purchased one last fall for my 2022 model 750X. I did click the link posted above and it shows error on the site.
Strange for sure as I used their install video to put mine on. Wonder if they had a problem with them.
So far mine has been fine.
Whoops the earlier post explains….

@whitebrian , I hope you don't end up like me with the screen:

Just know that if you suspect the windshield is starting to wiggle, it is not your perception, it may be the broken subframe underneath. I thought for long time it was just my "inexperience" and all that wiggle was normal.

Back