• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Revzilla review of 2021 NC750

That review is just one man's opinion, (edit to add) and he doesn't even own an NC750X.

Last edited:
This review feels like it was written for the standard moto journalist who’s only looking for the biggest, fastest and torquiest motorcycle with no appreciation for what the common one bike in the garage type person might find useful or wise. I’m unimpressed with their review certainly.

I dunno, when you get to the end it actually makes a case for the fact that it is different and that being different is not a bad thing at all. As someone who loves the NC because it is different, I think that the article makes some good points but does so in a way that is, perhaps, a bit less than flattering, but in a way that is relatable to the more traditional biker. I'm glad I've never been a traditional biker. Maybe it will open a few eyes? Probably not. But I ride my ride. They can ride theirs.

Not a very flattering article. It seems the author can only think of their personal preferences in a motorcycle and not the manufacturer's intended purpose/customer base. Yeah, I am biased since I own one. I still expect unbiased reviews from so-called 'professional' moto journalists. If something is bad, I want to know. If it performs it's designed purpose well, I want to know.

I read the comments to the article and it seems many potential buyers were put off by the article.

I have a 2022 DCT on order (boy, are they hard to get!) and this review doesn't discourage me one bit. I do not ride to have fun. I have fun riding. I do not ride to go fast or see how far over I can lean. I ride to get from place to place in a way that is exhilarating and that challenges my skills. I don't care about looking cool and wear ATGATT, including an airbag and reflective vest. You can call it a "dad bike" or the "golden retriever" of motorcycles and I don't care. I am a dad and I have two Golden Retrievers. This is a best seller in Europe because it is practical and fun. I am into practical and fun. I hope mine is delivered soon.

Last edited:
I have a 2022 DCT on order (boy, are they hard to get!) and this review doesn't discourage me one bit. I do not ride to have fun. I have fun riding. I do not ride to go fast or see how far over I can lean. I ride to get from place to place in a way that is exhilarating and that challenges my skills. I don't care about looking cool and where ATGATT, including an airbag and reflective vest. You can call it a "dad bike" or the "golden retriever" of motorcycles and I don't care. I am a dad and I have two Golden Retrievers. This is a best seller in Europe because it is practical and fun. I am into practical and fun. I hope mine is delivered soon.
Your attitude description fits the spirit of the NC series.

I have concluded that I have no need for moto-journalist testers. What real owners say about the motorcycle, and about themselves, helps one decide if a given motorcycle is right choice.

Thanks 670cc but there is also the concept of choice-supportive bias in which those who have made a choice (such as purchasing a brand or model) tend to ignore or downplay its faults. Therefore, I think there is an important role for reviewers. We just need to find those reviewers who, as you write, have a similar attitude about riding and evaluate a bike based on that attitude. For example, I was strongly influenced by the RevZilla Daily Rider video from November that placed it among the best for daily riders. It described just the use case I am seeking.

I find it interesting that most negative reviews of DCT focus on shifting as if the primary reason anyone rides a motorcycle is for the “exhilaration” of shifting the gearbox.

I find it interesting that most negative reviews of DCT focus on shifting as if the primary reason anyone rides a motorcycle is for the “exhilaration” of shifting the gearbox.
Rowing my own gears is actually a huge upside to it owning a bike for me since all the cars in the US are automatic, but I’ve driven manuals most of my life now.

Rowing my own gears is actually a huge upside to it owning a bike for me since all the cars in the US are automatic, but I’ve driven manuals most of my life now.

The Honda DCT does not take away the rider’s ability to shift when he or she wants. You can row through the gears all the time, if you like. Even Zach said, ”I also appreciate that I could use the up/down buttons on the left handlebar to suggest the bike shift while in automatic mode, or I could select manual mode and be fully in charge of when the gears would change.”

The gears are readily controllable on the Honda DCT, albeit with a different control interface. The main thing that is different with the DCT, in my view, is that the rider cannot control the clutch as can be done with a manual transmission.

Im used to buying bikes that dont review well with moto journalists

Honda ST 1300 too heavy, not enough amenities, not enough horsepower, rode mine 110,000 miles

Honda CB 1100 (I bought 2) too heavy, not enough horsepower. Ridden mine 71,400 miles so far

Honda NC 750x DCT too heavy, not enough horsepower, quirky transmission. Ridden about 9,100 miles so far

That's 190,400 miles Ive enjoyed since ignoring the moto-journos

Im used to buying bikes that dont review well with moto journalists

Honda ST 1300 too heavy, not enough amenities, not enough horsepower, rode mine 110,000 miles

Honda CB 1100 (I bought 2) too heavy, not enough horsepower. Ridden mine 71,400 miles so far

Honda NC 750x DCT too heavy, not enough horsepower, quirky transmission. Ridden about 9,100 miles so far

That's 190,400 miles Ive enjoyed since ignoring the moto-journos
Yes, I bought a Honda CRF250L Rally dual sport, even though one tester complained that it bottomed the suspension when landing high jumps. Being as that was not how I intended to ride the bike, I ignored him, along with the others that said the usual: too heavy, underpowered, etc.

To most moto journalists, it seems any street bike under 120 hp is underpowered.

Last edited:
Well, I have to admit I think the NC750X could use more horsepower (another 25 horses would be great), but that doesnt stop me from enjoying riding it. Rode it 42 miles this morning 28 degrees in front of a Winter Storm Warning that started at 11 AM. Had a great ride.

As much as people bitch about it, it ended up in the Top 5, so that says a lot.

Many of us have owned (or still own) higher performance bikes. Many have owned more expensive, more luxurious bikes. Many have owned faster bikes. Many have owned better touring bikes. Many have ....

But we bought this bike.

Why?

Because it is a damn good bike that actually works for our needs. It is easy to hop on. It is great as a daily rider. Modified a bit it makes a darn good mid-weight touring bike too. Not expensive to maintain. Easy to customize for your own needs. Reliable as you can get. With or without the DCT.

Of course it is in the Top 5. It earned its spot there.

I don't usually take the time to watch 30 minute reviews about a bike that I have a fair understanding of. I think the review for the vast majority was very fair. How would someone describe it to a person that had never ridden one or was curious? The only part I felt was a bit suspect was the comparison at the end. This is subjective and open to interpretation. One reviewers opinion but that is the job. I don't think the NC was treated unfairly...but that is just one viewers opinion :)

Back