• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Revzilla: The Official ‘Dumb And Dumber’ Mini-Bike Road Trip, IRL

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don’t be fooled – despite what it looks, it takes a serious set of skills (and a rock-hard keester) to survive a bike road trip this….well, dumb.

Following the general theme of the hit flick ‘Dumb and Dumber’ (where Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels trade their van for a teeny mini bike to ride 382 miles), Revzilla’s Ari Henning and Zack Courts suited up and completed the actual trip from Nebraska’s flat prairies to Aspen, Colorado, with their machine of choice boasting “a one-gallon fuel tank, no suspension, tiny five-inch wheels, and a top speed of only 30 MPH.”

My ass hurts just thinking about it.

Just look at the thing.

A view of the dumb and dumber trip that members of Revzilla undertook for the sake of clout...and a bit of fun

“Not only did the brakes suck,” we’re told by the report, “but the mini bike forced its pilot to go WOT, which is a pain on your wrists.”

“It also ran rich, shook so much the gas tank came loose, and chewed through its lawn mower tires.”

Best part about this shenanigan (and we’re not talking about the jerky)?

The numbers boasted by the flick were actually pretty close, believe it or not.

A view of the dumb and dumber trip that members of Revzilla undertook for the sake of clout...and a bit of fun

Here’s what was noted by the pair’s ride log:

In the end, we logged 382 miles and burned seven gallons of gas; plus two and a half rear tires. In the major motion picture, Lloyd traded Harry’s van for the hog (straight up) and claimed to be able to get 70 mpg with the mini bike.”

“We averaged 54, with what was likely a larger engine and some poor tuning to start. Our most efficient tank was 62 mpg, so if you figure the ‘kid back in town’ had his jetting sorted for 5,000 feet of elevation, 70 mpg seems reasonable.”

What do you think? Comment below letting us know what you think – and give it to us straight-up, we love hearing from you.

Be sure to check out other recent articles from our archives, and as always – stay safe on the twisties.

*All media sourced from the original article*

The post Revzilla: The Official ‘Dumb And Dumber’ Mini-Bike Road Trip, IRL appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

I once did a trip of 125 miles on a Motobecane moped. It had a top speed of about 30mph. I will never forget it. The saddle absolutely murdered me, so much that after about 25 miles I had to put my leggings on it in an effort to spread the pain. The Wife was in absolute luxury on a Honda Camino. Trouble is that when I got to the destination at a seaside resort, my stay was ruined by the thought of having to do the return Journey.

Back