• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ride home from dealer review

Ah, I hadn't seen it blown up that large. You are right, I described it badly. Thanks for posting the picture. I still think that it will look better with a sharper peak on the bottom to match the styling of the NC700. The base plate mods do not affect the mounting holes, just remove some excess material.

Not exactly sure what's coming, but just got notified it has shipped. Only ordered it about this time yesterday so that's pretty quick. Be watching for an install/performance thread about it in the near future.

That does sound scary! Was there a factory software fix available?

Indeed there was. Curiously enough, it was Honda that came up with it!

Hahahahahahahaha :eek:

Really though, it seemed to be just one more thing in a never ending list of: "They all do that Sir" or: *blank stare* No, there's nothing wrong with your bike, Sir"

Some bikes off the assembly line just seemed to have it, and others didn't. :(

I spent 8 months working in Blackpool and it was never warm! But I did miss winter completely that year so I don't know how cold it really gets. I've also ridden across this country mid-winter and I did get cold. Step off the bike and uncontrollable shivering ensued. Scary. Get back on and the focus required stops the shivering. It was probably dangerous hypothermia, but I was in my twenties and I just carried on. No heated grips! Riders today are soft. (and have it made).

it has been -5 degrees here ,yesterday -1 degrees it was freezing. its a job job I'm not a brass monkey other wise I'd have no balls.

for those who don't understand brass monkey

Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey

You don't have to believe it for it to happen every time you hit the rear brakes on your bike... Unless the laws of physics are different in Ohio.. :)

Nope, the laws of physics are exactly the same (I was a physics major). The harder you hit the front brakes the less the rears will do until ultimately (assuming the fronts are powerful enough) there is no weight at all on the rear and the rear brake is doing nothing. It certainly cannot help the front wheel press into the ground at that point which is where this conversation started. The rear brake will never increase front braking power as the poster stated. Given the lack of productive rear braking power that the NC700 develops (and the lack of any braking feel), it is a complete waste of time using under most circumstances - most especially in a panic stop. If you have the DCT or an overseas ABS enabled model, that is a different story. Doesn't change the laws of physics but instead the ABS will release pressure on the rear brake as it loses traction.

I will respect your right as well to believe something different. And if you live in the Land of Oz (not referring to Australia) or some other fantasy land, the rules there may well be different.

Quick update: Very cold still in Ohio and I just reached 200 miles for my first fill-up. A little over 62 mpg in mixed highway/city riding. I did a lot of brisk acceleration the first 100 miles to help engine break in so I'm expecting with more moderate riding and warmer weather to do better.

I'm a lot happier with the rear brakes now too. I've also installed a Madstad windshield and am pretty happy with that too.

Back