• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ride On! Another success story.

Beemerphile

#1 Elite
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been using the Ride On goop for a while and in the past have pulled off a tire with a ground down screw in it that I didn't know was there. Today in my pre-ride examination of the bike, I noticed a bit of drooling from a spot on the rear tire. It had been punctured by something that didn't hang around. I hadn't ridden it in about a week and the tire pressure was still over 30 psi. Obviously losing a bit with the slight bubbling action, but it got me home.

I didn't need another data point to continue using it, but in case someone wants to borrow one of my data points, here it is...

DSC04858.jpg

How far off center is the hole? Is it dead center? When I pulled a tire off with Ride-on in it, the strip of goo was only about 2 inches wide, meaning only the center of the tire was protected from puncture leaks. The rest of the inside of the tire was bone dry. Maybe one needs to install more than the prescribed amount for adequate coverage.

image.jpg

Last edited:
How far off center is the hole? Is it dead center? When I pulled a tire off with Ride-on in it, the strip of goo was only about 2 inches wide, meaning only the center of the tire was protected from puncture leaks. The rest of the inside of the tire was bone dry. Maybe one needs to install more than the prescribed amount for adequate coverage.

It was dead center. I use 6 oz. in the front and 10 oz. in the rear. I believe that OCR uses more than that.

My guess is that adding more of the Ride-On than prescribed would not significantly widen the band of protection. Centrifugal force at work here so that stuff doesn't want to stay on a curved surface. I've been using that stuff for years and feel it's worth the protection.

My guess is that adding more of the Ride-On than prescribed would not significantly widen the band of protection. Centrifugal force at work here so that stuff doesn't want to stay on a curved surface. I've been using that stuff for years and feel it's worth the protection.

Probably true. I know that one of its selling points is as a balancer, but I expect the best that you can do is to properly balance the tires before the Ride-on goes in so that it evenly distributes, rather than pooling up in the light section of the tire. Even then, it helps as a "micro-balancer" to get that last bit of balance that would drive you crazy moving weights around and clipping them.

I used the dosage calculator they have on their site and added the heavy dosage (I think that is what they called it). I have been using it for years and I am happy with it. I never found fod on the tire, but I'd rather have the rideon in it.

When I found, I think it was 17 plus holes in my rear tire, some of them were way off center and the ride-on was present in them. I had been riding on the tire for a week and noticed that ride-on was present on the fender which led me to investigate. The tire had lost a few pounds. The cuts were from an off-road ride.....I'm thinking the deep fresh gravel did it. On that same ride, ride-on wasn't able to hold pressure on the single cut on the front tire. It kept going flat when I was trying to get home. Found where the ride-on was bubbling out and plugged it. So some times it works wonders but on some cuts it can't hold.

It was dead center. I use 6 oz. in the front and 10 oz. in the rear. I believe that OCR uses more than that.

I put a bottle in the front tire and a bottle and a 1/2 bottle in the rear tire. No viberations, as the tires are nicely balanced at all times. Only a piece of rebar though the side of a rear tire in Baja, Mexico has ever stopped any adventure. Ride On simply works!

Back