• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ride-on or Slime?

I guess that would matter to me if I was a racer, because I don't feel anything detrimental after adding a proper dose of sealant ; }
Have you ever tried the balance beads? looking for a comparison. Just double checking, but this is a hypothetical or have you actually put quad boss in your motorcycle tire? Just checking options, I'm most likely paying to get them changed and have ride on put in at $70 for the pair. It's less then half that if I had bought muy tires there.

I guess that would matter to me if I was a racer, because I don't feel anything detrimental after adding a proper dose of sealant ; }

Agree.
But a motorcycle with it's minimal contact patch compared to a car is much more affected by a shock not keeping the tires perfectly planted. The lighter the assembly the easier the plant.

I was traveling down a 10% slope WV roadway once (1983) on a newly purchased CB900F and hit a heavily wash boarded section of road before a 90 degree left hander thinking this may not end well.
Talk about keeping the tires planted. One doesn't have to be a racer to appreciate the added safety of a perfectly suspended bike. The road was so rough but the bars felt so smooth.

So far I've noticed flats a lot more than being in danger because my tire weighs a few ounces more.

One thing, when putting Ride-On in be sure and take a minute to take off the old balancing weights. I failed to do that on the Honda last time and I got a lot of vibration until I figured out that I had neglected that step. Balancing weights are not compatible with Ride-On and when I took them off the vibration went away. I have used this stuff for six tire changes on two different bikes and I am very satisfied with the outcome.

One thing, when putting Ride-On in be sure and take a minute to take off the old balancing weights. I failed to do that on the Honda last time and I got a lot of vibration until I figured out that I had neglected that step. Balancing weights are not compatible with Ride-On and when I took them off the vibration went away. I have used this stuff for six tire changes on two different bikes and I am very satisfied with the outcome.

You're suggesting that Ride-On is not compatible with a balanced wheel and works better with an unbalanced wheel? I don't understand that logic. Unless you mean removing the wheel weights installed for the old tire. In that case it's not that Ride-On is not compatible with balancing weights, it's that Ride-On can't compensate for a severely unbalanced wheel.

The very few times I have used Ride-On, and I used it only for it's the potential sealing properties, I balanced the wheel first, then installed the sealant. I can't imagine why you would not want the wheel as well balanced as possible. In any case I don't use it any more because at almost $240 per gallon, its way overpriced.

Last edited:
When products that are essentially the same ingredients and maybe even in a superior formulation that go for 1/3 the price or less (last time I bought some anyway), why do people keep mentioning Ride-On?

Anyway. Such products' primary benefit is as sealants -- other bullet points are debateable and lower priority by far. I sometimes feel like there may be some truth to them, but I tie up my camel before retiring, so to speak. ...One idea I rolled around a bit is that such sealants may do when used in suitable quantity, is to give some cooling benefits for at least a period before a certain thermal threshold is reached where the exchange begins to go the other direction, but it like balancing may just be a comforting thought, or of only small utility.

But as a sealant the good and cheap ones like Quad Boss definitely can be worthwhile, I've even seen them work when the rim takes a really hard hit, and not only in the centrifugal patch for punctures. If you use a sufficient amount my theory is that off-road riding especially moves enough of the stuff around inside to work over a pretty large area.

I used to carry one of those bungied to my rack in place of my Top Case! Such a BARGAIN!

On a completely unrelated note: highway pegs that mount sufficiently forward and out have a secondary benefit -- they are really nice on those hotter days, keeping the lower legs from getting washed by engine heat ; }

Greg, I have great news...I found you a bargain on Amazon, buddy.

View attachment 34645

Thanks for sharing that. Since the shipping weight is listed as 5 pounds, it must be an empty pail with a hand pump. Nowhere in the listing does it actually say for sure that the Ride-On is included. Amazon listings are notoriously bad about item details.

Elsewhere on Amazon there is the same "item" but it shows 49 pound ship weight and cost $620. That probably includes the Ride-On product. Still, even at $124 per gallon it's way overpriced.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that. Since the shipping weight is listed as 5 pounds, it must be an empty pail with a hand pump. Nowhere in the listing does it actually say for sure that the Ride-On is included. Amazon listings are notoriously bad about item details.

Elsewhere on Amazon there is the same "item" but it shows 49 pound ship weight and cost $620. That probably includes the Ride-On product. Still, even at $124 per gallon it's way overpriced.

It's the thought that counts, right?

In re the 12 v compressors, be sure to check amperage draw and consider how you are powering it. Most of the compact compressors draw more amps than a typical 12v fused outlet can handle. I have installed an unfused fishtail for use in charging and for use with a compressor.

In re the 12 v compressors, be sure to check amperage draw and consider how you are powering it. Most of the compact compressors draw more amps than a typical 12v fused outlet can handle. I have installed an unfused fishtail for use in charging and for use with a compressor.

This is true, especially of the Honda frunk outlet.

Ask me how I know. Hahaha.

This is true, especially of the Honda frunk outlet.

Ask me how I know. Hahaha.
Heck I blew the fuse for the Honda outlet with a fast charger for my phone lol, 1 AMP FUSE, I mean really what was that intended for?

Having any unfused leads on the battery is not a great idea. If your going to power a compressor or other devices a 20 amp fuse should get the s job done. That way if the leads are compromised ( direct short) for any reason in the future the fuse will blow.

For extremely easy to install motorcycle fuse kits I recommend: Main

He is an American living in Japan who loves motorcycles.

I use his 8 PC fuse panel unit.......

Last edited:
I'm doing the Ride-on as well as plugs and mini CO2 capsules ... As a back up I also carry a mini air compresser.

I'm doing the Ride-on as well as plugs and mini CO2 capsules ... As a back up I also carry a mini air compresser.
Wow that's above average even for a boy Scout. You work construction or at the landfill or something?

Back