Ride your nc700x DCT in the dirt

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
Riding your nc700 DCT in the dirt. You can use your feet and body to steer successfully and not crash the bike. The bike is surprisingly stable.

Griff

Reaction score
Visit site
Indeed, and as I keep saying You can do exactly the same with a Goldwing.

I took my former NC700X offroad once and did enough damage to the exhaust system to stop me ever doing it again unless I didn't have a choice. From then on my former CRF250L and current CRF300L took over dirt duties exclusively. ;)

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
I can see why. These are fairly heavy duty dirt machines.

In my area, you need a bike that can tackle 50mph cross winds and super high speeds. This is why I stick with the DCT. The rear wheel braking is perfect for dirt.

I had a few smaller bikes. I loved them. But alas, too many cross winds. Too many unexpected lane changes. It is a choice I guess.

Texas is what Texas is. You need to keep up with the weekend beer slinging pickup drivers rushing home before they get too drunk to drive. Not that all people are like that. But as you get out further into the open spaces, things change. Attitudes change. People drive a lot faster. 100mph is not uncommon on these farm roads. So. You need warp drive out there just to stay alive. I mean. Really! No joke. You need a quick 60 to 100. People tail you at insane speeds. You need getaway power to find a shoulder or passing lane.

Passing a full size truck tends to blow me out of the lane on smaller 250s and such. The 400lb DCT stays put. The open spaces make winds tricky.

I have a high mount Yoshimura clone. So. Stones are not an issue for me anymore. As you can see in my new videos.

I had a KTM dual sport bike with a chrome silencer. That part lasted a week before it got so dented that I did not want it anymore. Tin foil. So bad!! It was there for street bling. Such a bad idea. The NC is about the same. Sold with a silencer that people want for the street.

Just like the geometric seat. Not exactly practical. But it sells because it is cool. Talk to any seasoned sales person. Custom leather rounded seats do not sell a bike. Cool looks sell bikes.