• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rider magazine April 2017 NC700X review

I had zero problems being OFFERED test rides on the NCX before I bought from 3 different dealerships. They all were emailing me giving me competing offers and then coming back with lower offers once I showed them offers from another dealer in the area. I ended up taking the offer of my closest dealer even though it was close to $200 more. They were the ones who had talked to me every time I came in and I actually test rode there.
The salesman wasn't real happy about the competition, but he didn't have to do much on the actual sale... I emailed direct to the finance person and emailed him everything he needed, then came in to sign the paperwork. As I rode around the front side of the dealership on my new NCX, my salesman stopped me for a few seconds to take a pic of me on the bike for his records.
I am sure he didn't earn as much commission as he normally did on the sale, but I made sure the actual sale he didn't have to do anything. He was working another sale with another customer when he stopped me for the pic.

I think the fact that I called each dealer and asked what their lowest price on the NCX was may have given them the idea I was a buyer ready to pull the trigger... so that may have been why I was offered test rides without hesitation.

Last edited:
Some factual errors in that article, the 2016 NC700X DCT does not have C-ABS, only two pistons on the front and one brake line as you can clearly see in the picture that describes it as a 3 piston combined ABS. :)
I've also never gotten MPG in the 40's, even with fully loaded with Trekker Outbacks 80mph on the freeway for 6 hours. 55-59ish yeah, but never seen 40, look at my Fuelly. :) When I flog it on the Interstate I see 60mpg.
I also believe that valve check interval mentioned in article is not accurate (8000 miles instead of 16000).

Some factual errors in that article, the 2016 NC700X DCT does not have C-ABS, only two pistons on the front and one brake line as you can clearly see in the picture that describes it as a 3 piston combined ABS.

I also believe that valve check interval mentioned in article is not accurate (8000 miles instead of 16000).

Bear this is mind when reading articles about other bikes with which you are less familiar. Assume that not all facts stated in such articles are accurate.

(So even though you read it in a magazine, Bennie may not actually have electric boots and a mohair suit). :)

Last edited:
The Honda dealer in Panama City, FL would not let me test ride anything unless I bought it [if I didn't like it they would tear up the contract b.s.] They even had a used 700x and I've been riding since I was 15. I found a used one locally, had a test ride , and saved over 1k on the one with more miles the dealer had. buying a motorcycle without trying it out is like buying shoes without trying them on, how do you know it will fit?

My buddy made arrangements with a dealer to test drive Africa Twin DCT, no problem they say. He drove 3 hours and when he got there they said he could test drive it if he bought it first. And if he didnt like it after the test drive he could return it, minus the depreciation. Wasted day and gas for him.

My buddy made arrangements with a dealer to test drive Africa Twin DCT, no problem they say. He drove 3 hours and when he got there they said he could test drive it if he bought it first. And if he didnt like it after the test drive he could return it, minus the depreciation. Wasted day and gas for him.
That's frustrating. The two dealers I've worked with in Tennessee offered test rides.

Back