• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Riding jeans recommendation?

Another option to consider is Diamond Gusset Defender jeans. Not the least expensive, but well made in the US and comfortable.
I checked these out and there is hardly any Kevlar. I think they could go really well under chaps as they protect the back of my front, but as a stand-alone I can’t go with them. On the upside I found my new place to buy regular jeans. Made in USA. Thank you.

Just remember that denim doesn’t do well in abrasion tests-you need something else with it to get protection, and that means weight/heat. Wish there was a better answer, but nothing comes to mind. How about just wearing a regular set of MC pants with a pair of jeans in the frunk. Get to work, pop into the head for 5 minutes and switch. Reverse the procedure when going home..

Last edited:
Just remember that denim doesn’t do well in abrasion tests-you need something else with it to get protection, and that means weight/heat. Wish there was a better answer, but nothing comes to mind. How about just wearing a regular set of MC pants with a pair of jeans in the drunk. Get to work, pop into the head for 5 minutes and switch. Reverse the procedure when going home..
I think I finally have come around to this. It’s cheaper and likely a better (if uglier) option. Im leaning towards Motoport overpants. My current overpants are not long for this world anyway

I bought these from the UK because

- they had them in stock
- they had them in short length
- they had them in slim, straight
- AAA protecton rated
- Sastech super thin CE 2 knee AND hip armor
- $174 + DHL shipping should bring it to your budget requirements

Finally made a decision. Got the hood relaxed fit jeans. Great coverage, AAA rating and warm enough for winter riding without being sweltering in higher temperatures. Very pleased overall

Finally made a decision. Got the hood relaxed fit jeans. Great coverage, AAA rating and warm enough for winter riding without being sweltering in higher temperatures. Very pleased overall
Whatever protective gear works for you is good gear. The reality is that too many people get injured because they don't wear real moto gear, mistakenly thinking that their cotton Wrangler jeans will save their skin.

Does anyone make a kevlar/armor layer you could wear under your regular work pants, be them jeans or slacks ? That's what I need.
American draggin did, but they have shut down for the time being. If you’re concerned about work pants with no place to change, I would look towards over pants as your best bet.

Whatever protective gear works for you is good gear. The reality is that too many people get injured because they don't wear real moto gear, mistakenly thinking that their cotton Wrangler jeans will save their skin

American draggin did, but they have shut down for the time being. If you’re concerned about work pants with no place to change, I would look towards over pants as your best bet.

I agree. Genuinely useful kevlar undergarments will generally be QUITE warm, or bulky, or potentially both just depending upon exactly how it's made. Overpants are quick and easy to put on and take off, and don't mess with the comfort of your normal clothes.

I hear the newer Klim Jeans are better for the heat with a new perforated lining, using that in conjunction with the pads might be one of the safer options (spendy as hell) but It is still cheaper than skin grafts. I just saw a youtube video with Ryan F9 doing a review of riding jeans that explains it a lot better than I can.

I hear the newer Klim Jeans are better for the heat with a new perforated lining, using that in conjunction with the pads might be one of the safer options (spendy as hell) but It is still cheaper than skin grafts. I just saw a youtube video with Ryan F9 doing a review of riding jeans that explains it a lot better than I can.
Unfortunately Klim gear is usually only AA rated and for the price I think that a lined jean is the better buy.

Reactions: MZ5
Back