• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Risk evaluation

Tourmaster Solution boots work for me, in Air or WP versions depending on season.
Does that boot have hard shin TPU protection?

That is the component I'm missing from my current boots. Like yours, I have crush protection on the ankle, mine are CE rated on the inside/outside while that appears to have semi rigid nylon, and then a semi rigid toe box like yours, with a solid heel cup.

But most injuries are shin area injuries so I'm looking for a mid-height with real/rigid shin protection (not just padding or multiple soft layers like the Sidi Armada). I also want CE crush protection for the ankles. The Forma Cape Horn is a tall boot, if I knew I could get it under all my riding pants I'd buy it, but I'm not sure I can do that which is what is drawing me to the mid-height Sidi Canyon or the Forma ADV Tourer. The new Sidi Trial Zero.2 also looks interesting but, like the Cape Horn, may be too tall to fit under all my riding pants?

I think I need to go pull out my Rev-it pants and really examined how adjustable they are at the cuff; they are the one pair I have that might give me a problem with a taller boot.

Rabbit said:
Sounds like you’re considering adventure type boots. Call Brian at Atomic-Moto. He really laid it all out for me and helped me decide (Terra Evo X for me I think). The guy is a wealth of knowledge and often has his boots 10-20$ cheaper than the competition. Normally I’m a Revzilla fan but he’s got my boot business.

So what is your final choice?

Last edited:
Reactions: MZ5

That is the component I'm missing from my current boots. Like yours, I have crush protection on the ankle, mine are CE rated on the inside/outside while that appears to have semi rigid nylon, and then a semi rigid toe box like yours, with a solid heel cup.

But most injuries are shin area injuries so I'm looking for a mid-height with real/rigid shin protection (not just padding or multiple soft layers like the Sidi Armada). I also want CE crush protection for the ankles. The Forma Cape Horn is a tall boot, if I knew I could get it under all my riding pants I'd buy it, but I'm not sure I can do that which is what is drawing me to the mid-height Sidi Canyon or the Forma ADV Tourer. The new Sidi Trial Zero.2 also looks interesting but, like the Cape Horn, may be too tall to fit under all my riding pants?

I think I need to go pull out my Rev-it pants and really examined how adjustable they are at the cuff; they are the one pair I have that might give me a problem with a taller boot.

I’m going with the Terra Evo X. Expensive, yes unfortunately. However according to Atomic Moto those are the most protective boots they sell in the Adventure category. I wouldn’t worry about getting pants over the Cape Horn. Their stable brother the Forma Adventure are well reviewed and nearly everyone says getting them under their pants is no issue.
My other choice was going to be the Adventure Boulder, but there is no real ankle protection in those with them being a Trials boot, and I value my ankles.

Ankle protection is one reason why I'd not buy the Sidi Trial Zero.2. If if had that protection I'd buy it. In other ways it looks good. But fails there.

The Sidi Armada is the one I still really question as I'd really like to see the shin protection. Revzilla's video review makes me question how protective it is. Is it a padded rigid plate hidden behind leather? Is it just a flexible piece of nylon plastic? If it is hard enough then that might be my boot of choice. It has plenty of ankle and foot protection. It has a 'convertible' feature that I'd probably never use, just don't see taking off some of the protection.

Then again the Sidi Canyon also had good ankle and foot protection, its a mid-height, but might have a more rigid shin protector? Its described by many as rigid and user reviews show it to be durable and comfortable.

I may try to find a shop in the greater Chicagoland area that carries the brand, go in and take a look at the Armada. Of course, 3" of fresh snow today, and a couple more snowfalls predicted for the coming week so I'll be out moving snow for the foreseeable future.

No, it does not.

FWIW, my Cape Horn boots fit under my Motoport Ultra II mesh pants with the very-thick quad armor in them, but there’s very little room to spare. I’d describe it as a nearly-snug fit. I can measure a circumference somewhere on the boots with me wearing them, if that helps anyone. Obviously, my calves are not your calves, so that may or may not help. It’s the thick, optional armor in the pants that causes the snug fit.

The height of the Cape Horns was a selling point for me, in order to have continuous armored coverage from knee to foot. I REALLY don’t like having a gap in the armor on my shins.

I can find NO dealer in all of the greater Chicagoland/NW Indiana area that carries Sidi boots in stock? I will keep looking. I found a few locations that stock a FEW of the Forma boots, but none seem to stock the Cape Horn or the ADV Touring boot.

I can find NO dealer in all of the greater Chicagoland/NW Indiana area that carries Sidi boots in stock? I will keep looking. I found a few locations that stock a FEW of the Forma boots, but none seem to stock the Cape Horn or the ADV Touring boot.
Buy online, I got mine on a good deal from somewhere in Europe

Buy online, I got mine on a good deal from somewhere in Europe
Oh I'm totally fine with that but I was hoping to actually LOOK at the boots to help me decide. I want to see the protection of the Sidi Armada. I want to examine the shin protection of that boot, if it is solid it would likely move up to my first choice. Its taller than the Sidi Canyon or the Forma ADV Tourer. Same basic height as the Cape Horn, but with a TPU hinge and rigid ankle protection. I just don't quite understand the "padded shin plate" on the Armada. The ADV Tourer probably the easiest for walking around town with the softer moulded sole. Again, just wanted to examine the boots.

I really don't want to buy 4 pairs of boots and then send back 3 of them.

Reactions: MZ5
Oh I'm totally fine with that but I was hoping to actually LOOK at the boots to help me decide. I want to see the protection of the Sidi Armada. I want to examine the shin protection of that boot, if it is solid it would likely move up to my first choice. Its taller than the Sidi Canyon or the Forma ADV Tourer. Same basic height as the Cape Horn, but with a TPU hinge and rigid ankle protection. I just don't quite understand the "padded shin plate" on the Armada. The ADV Tourer probably the easiest for walking around town with the softer moulded sole. Again, just wanted to examine the boots.

I really don't want to buy 4 pairs of boots and then send back 3 of them.
Ah, yeah I tried to find a physical retailer with Sidi boots but nobody had them. I agonized over what size to get and must have measured my feet a dozen times.

I thought about getting the Armadas but the protection didn't seem as good as other models, and I couldn't imagine ever wanting less protection. They seem like a gimmick. I don't know why a convertible boot is desirable

... I couldn't imagine ever wanting less protection. They seem like a gimmick. I don't know why a convertible boot is desirable
Ditto. But I like the look of the boot and they make a quality product that, based on user reviews, will last a decade or more.

Back