• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Road Hazard while riding my NC

Glad that worked out well for you. I thought the grass was always greener on the OTHER side of the road. (Sorry - someone had to say it.)

Maybe if you had rode a lil faster to pass the lorry rather than creep up on it slowly you would have got out of the way?

Never a good idea to tarry behind trucks, vehicles pulling trailers, tarped or loose loads, etc.

Thanks for the reminder.

Sure can tell its FL. One vehicle in the passing lane not passing anything and and another vehicle driving with its turn signal on. Thought there would be a 90 year old blue hair driving the truck :D

Good looking out, Cutter. Had a similar experience on I 75 when a semi lost a tire in front of me. All I could think was, "If I'd been a little closer that would have been it. No more cyrano."

Cutter: It's a REALLY good thing you weren't going faster and right behind that truck when the sod did come off! That would have been a bad thing...:(

Good looking out, Cutter. Had a similar experience on I 75 when a semi lost a tire in front of me. All I could think was, "If I'd been a little closer that would have been it. No more cyrano."

I know what you mean, but fortunately not from direct experience. On the fairly limited times I ride the freeway, I find myself wondering how much each truck spent on retreads myself. And how many miles ago.:confused:

The biggest threat this time of year in TN is deer. They are all over the side of I-40 on my way to work. I look at the side of the road as much as I do the car in front of me.

Sure can tell its FL. One vehicle in the passing lane not passing anything and and another vehicle driving with its turn signal on. Thought there would be a 90 year old blue hair driving the truck :D

There's a reason to be in the left lane here. In FL. there is no freeze line so a lot of the roads are very thin. I worked with a friend last summer who was cutting holes in a major roadway for an electronic counter, it turned out that it was a 6/4 slab of blacktop (inch and a half) poured over a bed of sand. So with high temps, sun and heavy traffic, the roads get rippled badly. The camera was on my helmet and you can tell it's banging around, the right lane in this area is like a wash board, it will shake you teeth loose. It's not the worse area, about 10 mi. farther there is an area of the right lane where I will not drive my car down because of the shaking the car takes, on a bike.....No Way....

Back