• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rough cold idle

This bike runs fine on low octane fuel. Follow your owner's manual. If the man at the dealership recommends high octane, there is no basis for the recommendation. The bike will still run fine on high octane, but it is unnecessary, and a total waste of money. It will also run fine on 10% ethanol fuel.

Last edited:
Ray, could you please explain? Do you think it is a waste using high octane fuel in this bike? This man has been around motorcycles and in the business his whole life (he's probably in his 60's now), so I trust what he says
I would stand with the collective wisdom of our forum here. I don't infer anything negative toward the dealership owner, but I won't waste my $$$ with that advise.

Ray

I used to use regular but it sounds better-smoother when I run Costco premium. 80+ mpg is another reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

around here most brands have stickers on the pump indicating the amount of alcohol. Couple brands indicate their premium has no alcohol.
apparently ethanol is ok up to 10%, and methanol is ok up to 5% I dont recall the stickers indicating which type of alcohol ... will have to take note.

I often use premium to eliminate getting alcohol at the stations that indicate it. I go back and forth and usually have a mix of both. another reason for regular is the explosive force is greater.
Higher octane is used in performance engines to reduce knock, hence the association its better fuel. If you engine is designed for 87, 91 will actually very slightly reduce power.

Back