• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rox Riser Anti-vibration installed.

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Well I did it. First, I won my first ever ebay bid. Secondly, I installed them tonight.

Install was pretty easy. The hardest part was freeing up the rubber grommet on the brake line that is present on the ABS version of the NC700X. I ended up slicing it off very carefully. All the other cables just needed to be helped through the zip ties. I managed to keep them all attached like stock. Very happy about that. Install took about an hour. I was worried about the bar slipping, but these being used risers, they where already scuffed up so the bar clamps held on tight.

I took it for a spin around the block to get the pivot points to how I want them. My ultimate goal was to move the bar towards me. I want to sit up straighter, these helped along with my Sargent seat I was very comfortable. I did some parking lot maneuvering to check for any slippage of the bars, and that's when I nearly freaked out when the bar moved slightly under hard slow turns and braking. I zoomed back home and in the light figured out what was happening. The anti-vibration is a rubber mount inside the aluminum riser. And it does have some movement allowed. The bar was indeed moving, but not pivoting. This will take a little getting used to.

As for the anti-vibe. Totally worth it. On my short 10 minute test ride I immediately felt that the engine vibes where reduced. I'm going on a 160 mile ride tomorrow to Utica, IL to visit a friend. This will be very much welcomed. Bringing some adjustment tools just in case. Calling it my shake down ride!

And of course PICTURES!

Stock setup:
20182392602_de207b279d_c.jpg

The bar unmounted:
20190542795_059e172002_c.jpg

The finished setup:
19569525833_eed81e44f5_c.jpg

looks good! I see you tilted them back toward you a bit, instead of straight up. That's how I did mine and I think it helps a lot.

Just in case it slipped your mind (and since I can't see the reservoir in your pics) did you make sure to level the brake fluid reservoir when you angled the bars back and downward?

You mentioned a rubber grommet.. I tried to install some risers on my bike and the brake line (ABS/DCT 2015 bike) has a holder (maybe the grommet?) several inches below the handlebar mounts. Is that the piece you cut off?

I remember carrying an allen wrench and ratchet wrench around for a few weeks. Good idea. Mine were also bought used and were previously scuffed up but they continued to move for a couple weeks with more scuffing along the way. They eventually stopped. I used the two bottom bolts of the Honda bar clamp as my guide. I occasionally looked down to see if the space between the bar and those bolt heads had closed in on each other.

Glad you’re enjoying them and they work for you.

Agree! I installed the Rox Anti-vibs a while back and they're a really nice mod, especially if you suffer from carpal tunnel like I do. And I love the extra 2 inches up. Comfortable!

You mentioned a rubber grommet.. I tried to install some risers on my bike and the brake line (ABS/DCT 2015 bike) has a holder (maybe the grommet?) several inches below the handlebar mounts. Is that the piece you cut off?
I installed the 2 inch risers this weekend. I unattached the holder you speak of with a 5 mm hex wrench to give the line the slack it needed. The holder is now free of the bike and seems to not interfere with the other lines in the vicinity.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I wanted risers from day one, and I have carpal tunnel too, so I just installed the same set of Rox Risers. I Plasti-dipped mine tho as that is entirely too much silver in one spot for me. The coating tore on the caps when the screws were tightened, but the rest held together. I did not coat t he pegs that go in the stock position nor the slots for the bars. Looks great.

bduffey "Just in case it slipped your mind (and since I can't see the reservoir in your pics) did you make sure to level the brake fluid reservoir when you angled the bars back and downward?"

My res is not quite level. What will this cause during normal operation. Obviously if I take the cover off there will be fluid everywhere, but what will the affect be during normal use?

I wanted risers from day one, and I have carpal tunnel too, so I just installed the same set of Rox Risers. I Plasti-dipped mine tho as that is entirely too much silver in one spot for me. The coating tore on the caps when the screws were tightened, but the rest held together. I did not coat t he pegs that go in the stock position nor the slots for the bars. Looks great.

bduffey "Just in case it slipped your mind (and since I can't see the reservoir in your pics) did you make sure to level the brake fluid reservoir when you angled the bars back and downward?"

My res is not quite level. What will this cause during normal operation. Obviously if I take the cover off there will be fluid everywhere, but what will the affect be during normal use?

Depending on how far off level it is and the slope you are are on there is a chance that you could pull air into the brake line if the fluid doesn't fully cover the exit at the bottom. Not a good time.

Well, thats no fun. And the lever is mechanically linked to res if I'm not mistaken. Thats a bummer. I was kinda liking its new position and my hand relative to it. Oh well. Time to break out the wrench.

Back