• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

RumbleOn Review: What does "Certified" mean?

Armin

Reaction score
Visit site
I sold my 1997 Honda Valkyrie to RumbleOn and here's how it went.

Here's a list of issues on why I wanted to sell the beautiful beast.
- Carbs need cleaning (there are 6 carbs, one for each cylinder)
- 2nd gear slaps back to neutral all the time now
- Dent on top of the front fender indicates that it bottomed out or he rear-ended someone
- Clutch hydraulic fluid was leaking
- Fuel Petcock doesn't work. I found this out the hard way. Tested the Petcock in Off position and it didn't work.
- 90,322 miles. Which really isn't an issue for a Honda Valkyrie but this is a very high mileage motorcycle.

I followed the directions on the website to sell the motorcycle. This includes entering VIN and uploading pics of the motorcycle in various angles. I received a quote within 30 mins. I accepted. I was asked to upload pics of my driver's license, title, registration, proof of address. I was sent an email with a FedEx overnight label, direct deposit form, and instructions on what to sign on title. I sent the package on Thursday, received the direct deposit on Friday. On that same Friday, a shipper called me to schedule a pick up.

This morning, the motorcycle was picked up at 7 am. I checked the RumbleOn website at around 3 pm and found that they have already posted my motorcycle for sale. What bother's me is that it's "RumbleOn Certified." ?!? How ?!?

Bottom line. RumbleOn was great for selling my motorcycle. The process was quick and painless. I didn't have to worry about meeting a stranger through craigslist or having to post through Cycletrader or Ebay. However, I now know that "RumbleOn Certified" doesn't mean squat. Do not buy a "RumbleOn Certified" motorcycle.

valkyrie.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong. This seems like the Carmax of motorcycles. A convenient way to move a bike but, one that comes with a price. I'm curious about how much they offer when buying. I might get a quote for my bike to get an idea of their pricing strategy.

I also see their ads on eBay. One of them called me awhile back when I had questions on one of their auctions. As it turned out, the deal for that bike wasn't that great of a deal. However, they do deliver the bikes to your door, I thought that was pretty amazing.

Back