• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Saddle bags

Wyorock

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently picked up a 2019 NC750x and am looking for saddle bags. I like the SW Motech Blaze bags and the Shad SH36. Both have a very unobtrusive mounting system that appeals to me.
Does anyone have experience with either of these or have any other recommendations? I'm, open to buying a used setup if anyone has something they want to sell.

I have OEM bags. While I appreciate the ease of use, the one-key system, and complimentary looks, they just don't have as much storage space as I'd like. The panniers have a cutout for the passenger's legs which is probably a nice feature. I've never been on the back of my own bike so I can't say.

I’m a fan of the e22n givi, bags are if you want something smaller and top loading. I haven’t tried them yet but the Givi weightless series is pretty unobtrusive too.

I got a used givi v35 setup on mine.

Pros
-extremely sturdy
-waterproof
-good for heavy loads
-simple to use
-good spare parts support

Cons
-They are quite wide, I never use them in town
-Too small to fit a full face helmet.
-side loading hinge point is halfway through the bottom of the case - things can fall out when you open them

I got the racks and bags used for 400 AUD, the new retail prices on these make my head spin. Although they are kind of lifetime objects, keep the bags and then you only need to buy racks if you ever change bikes.

I used the SW Motech Blaze system on my '14 NC700X with great results. They looked good, were roomy enough, and easy to flip off the seat when it was time to gas up. I highly recommend them. Downside is that they are not lockable, and of course making them waterproof is impossible. I used the rain covers but still found that they could get soaked in a long ride in the rain. I have solved that problem, however. Since I retired, I have vowed to never again ride in the rain. So far, so good.

I used the SW Motech Blaze system on my '14 NC700X with great results. They looked good, were roomy enough, and easy to flip off the seat when it was time to gas up. I highly recommend them. Downside is that they are not lockable, and of course making them waterproof is impossible. I used the rain covers but still found that they could get soaked in a long ride in the rain. I have solved that problem, however. Since I retired, I have vowed to never again ride in the rain. So far, so good.
Will the Blaze's strap not fit under the rear seat? I have wondered about getting textile bags if the flap can be somewhat secured so they don't get stolen the second I walk away from my bike.

Not 100% sure but I don't think so. The Motech system uses overlapping velcro flaps, (hook on one bag, loop on the other) so I think it would be a bit awkward to place them under the seat. I think these bags would be too much work for most thieves. Not saying it couldn't happen but the bags without the bike-specific support arms are pretty useless.

Givi 33L top and side loading. I got them because I think the 33L is right for this size bike.

Attachments

• 20210212_145058.jpg
    20210212_145058.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Since these are "monokey" bags, I assume you used the Givi PL1146 mounting racks. Did you have any difficulty mounting them? Did all the hardware you needed come with the PL1146?

Rich Reed
Woodinville

I recently picked up a 2019 NC750x and am looking for saddle bags. I like the SW Motech Blaze bags and the Shad SH36. Both have a very unobtrusive mounting system that appeals to me.
Does anyone have experience with either of these or have any other recommendations? I'm, open to buying a used setup if anyone has something they want to sell.
I considered Blaze, but the vecro strap over the rear seat adds another step to get gas. I recently ordered some bags specifically for my NC750X, and they had to come from Italy! Seems like everybody was out of stock locally, or wanted $1000 for a set.

Back