• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Saddlebags

I don't know how to add pictures. But for a cheap way. I bought Givi soft saddlebag support brackets and Nelson Rigg Adventure soft saddlebags. The Givi support brackets are Givi TE1111 and bike specific are 1111KIT for the NC700. Nelson-Rigg Adventure bags are SE-3050-BLK for black or -YEL for yellow. I bought both from Cycle Gear. Picked up at store in 3 days. And installed in parking lot of store. Only problem I had was right bag above muffler. It sagged down onto muffler and burnt hole through bottom of bag. So I went to plumbing department of Lowe's.. And bought heat pad that you use not to burn stuff in walls. While soft soldering. It's just a hot pad for twenty bucks. No problem anymore. Plus I use a ratching strap to pull bag up. So it doesn't make contact with muffler. I have know idea why Honda has muffler angle up so high. Hope that helps you.

I also abuse these Nelson-Rigg bags. I shove a 12 pack and a half of beer in them. Plus a gallon of Crystal Geyser water. Plus groceries in each side.. Then a ice chest on top of back seat. Now I need the top bracket. Because I just added a 3 gallon Roto Pax gas container. I average 70 miles per gallon.

I bought a Nelson-Rigg tank bag for my WR250R and it was about 60% the price of a Wolfman of approximately the same size, just as high quality in materials and construction, had an additional expansion feature that's proven useful. If their other luggage products are as well designed and executed I'd say they are worthy contenders.

I'd also say the new Tusk soft luggage from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC has design features one would pay top dollar for from Moto Mosko or others. Their stuff looks like it's going to to be the best-bang-for-the-buck competitor against brands that have top-tier prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Hepco and Becker C-Bow Mount rack and Hepco & Becker Street soft bag.
I will post pictures soon.

Attachments

• Hepco & Becker Street soft bag.jpg
    Hepco & Becker Street soft bag.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 28
I recently got a set of Tourmaster Elite saddlebags for my 2017 SV650. They're excellent quality and on closeout on a number of the online retailers. I got them from Chaparral Motorsports (chapmoto.com). They would certainly work on an NC700.

I recently got a set of Tourmaster Elite saddlebags for my 2017 SV650. They're excellent quality and on closeout on a number of the online retailers. I got them from Chaparral Motorsports (chapmoto.com). They would certainly work on an NC700.

Agreed. I have them on my NC700X

Moto luggage of any type is crazy expensive. I think there is just not enough demand for it so the production runs are relatively small and the prices necessarily high. When I went shopping I ultimately chose hard luggage for our bikes (wife and I each have our own). She chose Givi and I picked Hepco & Becker, for our own reasons.

But I'd have to put the TUSK soft bags on the top of the "value - features - cost" list of soft luggage. Pretty much as waterproof and durable a design as you are going to find, seems to be easy on/off the pannier racks. I'd seriously consider them if I was going to switch away from my hard cases.

Too many of the soft bags are not fully waterproof. To me that is a deal breaker. Many are water resistant, with designs that make them easy to get into/stuff out of. That may be really convenient for around town use, but not so much for travel.

Last edited:
I bought Viking medium size axe saddlebags for approx $85 which seem to be very well made. I fashioned a support system using Givi's attachment kit (approx $32), then bought inexpensive u shaped bars for big cruisers for around $22 and attached them to the Givi kit using nuts, bolts, washers and lock washers (approx $6) obtained from Lowes. Walah...a soft bag support system for only $60. The bags and u shaped bars are easily removed as I will only use this system for travel 2 - 3 times per year. Maybe later I will purchase Givi's v35 system but $650 - 700 is a lot to spend for a couple of trips a year.

I bought Viking medium size axe saddlebags for approx $85 which seem to be very well made. I fashioned a support system using Givi's attachment kit (approx $32), then bought inexpensive u shaped bars for big cruisers for around $22 and attached them to the Givi kit using nuts, bolts, washers and lock washers (approx $6) obtained from Lowes. Walah...a soft bag support system for only $60. The bags and u shaped bars are easily removed as I will only use this system for travel 2 - 3 times per year. Maybe later I will purchase Givi's v35 system but $650 - 700 is a lot to spend for a couple of trips a year.
I would be nice to see some photos of your set up.

On a different note, my NC750x is the first bike I've had that I installed hard cases onto and originally I thought I would be taking the cases off the bike frequently and riding with them off. What I found was I now just leave them on all the time. With the luggage on I can make an impromptu trip to the grocery, stop off at the hardware store, visit the adult beverage emporium or make a quick stop at a farm stand and come home with the purchased goods packed safely away during the journey home.

Since getting the NC750x & luggage I've ended up using it for running all sorts of errands that I had perviously never considered running with a bike.

Last edited:
The saddlebags are each 40L and the duffle 60L (I can get the OEM bags, but they are too small) Roll-top are size adjustable. I can get all my camping gear in these saddle bags for low center of gravity and the duffle can hold rain gear and other light stuff.
Your duffle looks like it's a good size. I've been considering upsizing from my current duffle.

My hard cases are 37L, my wife's are 35L.

My top case is an additional 42L. My wife's bike has no top case.

EDIT -- I deleted a good bit from my post that was a discussion about the duffle then I started a new post specifically about dry bags. I don't want to derail the current discussion.

Last edited:
EDIT -- I deleted a good bit from my post that was a discussion about the duffle then I started a new post specifically about dry bags. I don't want to derail the current discussion.

I can't find your dry bag post. I hope to be able to hang my saddlebags low. The NCxs with all the luggage up high put me off the same way HD folks do with everything strapped to the sissy bar. I don't know why you'd move your center of gravity high if you don't have to. Does the muffler position get in the way?

Sorry to take so long to get back pics, but just now able to head out on short fall trip. First 2 pics are the frames attached to givi sidebar mount. The last 3 are of course the soft bags.

Attachments

• 20201102_150248.jpg
    20201102_150248.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 28
  • 20201102_150257.jpg
    20201102_150257.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 20201102_151701.jpg
    20201102_151701.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 30
  • 20201102_151713.jpg
    20201102_151713.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
  • 20201102_151736.jpg
    20201102_151736.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 29
Go Bama! Those are some very nice looking bags. I will be selling my brand new Nelson-Rigg bags and my new SW-Motech bags and brackets here real soon!
:{)

Nelson Rigg soft bags.jpg

I'm looking at several different soft-sided saddlebags for low weight. Ogio, Chase Harper etc...Any suggestions for the 2015 nc700x?
It's a little DIY, but this setup worked well for a long time! see [HERE] for pictures and details. The good thing about it was that the PVC structure would accept just about any set of bags you could find.

Back