• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Safety first.

Bcsmith

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello fello NC riders. So I have been keeping my accessories to a minimum but I will add in the name of safety. That being said Santa left me some Denali daytime running lights as well as the Denali B6 led brake light. So excited to get these mounted. I have lots of time as winter is just getting started and at 44°N latitude. DE3599BE-82C7-40A5-95C4-0EBC5D86FF3F.jpeg

I have the same DRL lights on mine. They are great for getting noticed without blinding oncoming traffic.
Can you briefly describe the wiring set up for these! I assume they are switched? Plug and play or do you need to tie into existing wiring somehow.
I need some too and these look good!

Hello fello NC riders. So I have been keeping my accessories to a minimum but I will add in the name of safety. That being said Santa left me some Denali daytime running lights as well as the Denali B6 led brake light. So excited to get these mounted. I have lots of time as winter is just getting started and at 44°N latitude.
Can you tell me where you bought the Denali DRL's from?
I'm interested in getting a set also.
Thanks, Terry

Can you briefly describe the wiring set up for these! I assume they are switched? Plug and play or do you need to tie into existing wiring somehow.
I need some too and these look good!
I did it a couple years ago when they first hit the market, literally ordered them when they were announced.

What I can tell you is that we wired them to our 2016 first, set to HI when the HI beams were on, LO when the LO beams were on. Was not satisfied with that set up. Changed it to HI when the LO beams were on. Was not satisfied with that set up, now they run HI all the time.

On my 2018 the wiring, probably due to the switch by Honda to LED lights, wouldn't work the same way. I ended up taking it to the dealer and he figured it out for me. I'm far from a mechanical & electrical genius and run for help when needed. He wired it to the ignition, running on HI all the time. Turn the bike key and the lights go on. Turn the bike off the lights go off. Simple. No switch needed.

The DENALI LED DRL lights are very bright but the beam is widely dispersed (180 degrees horizontal spread + 180 degrees vertical spread) so even on HI beams, at night, on a dark country road, the HI beams do not "blind" an oncoming driver. Nor do they glare/blind people who are in front of you looking in their rear view mirrors. Its interesting how well they work for BEING SEEN ... these lights really do almost nothing for lighting the road in front of you but they do catch the attention of the people around you far better than spot lights because the beam spread is so noticeable from so many different angles. Ditto when comparing them to fog lights, which while they have a wide beam spread, are focused to keep the beam very low.

At the time I got mine they didn't have a rear brake light option like they do not. I installed a multi-function license plate frame which, by it self, is DOT approved as a having all the rear lights needed to be legal on a motorcycle. Stop, Running, Turn & License Illumination functions ... just wired those right into the appropriate wires for those various lights off the harness; that was a little more tedious but easy enough to track down and more straight forward.

I'll also say this one thing, not all LEDs are created equal. I have some Amazon specials on my tail, mounted to my hard cases. Despite being advertised as SUPER BRIGHT they are nothing close to the Denali brightness. Whelen also makes excellent light. If you are buying to be 'safe and seen' then spend your money wisely. When my cheap lights burn out, short out, etc they will be replaced with a higher quality offering, most likely the new Denali lights.

Just used positaps and a multi metre. Was easy! Thanks for all the tips. I took the easiest way lol

Attachments

• D1C3A79D-0CAC-4206-A25D-20CD8806D833.jpeg
    D1C3A79D-0CAC-4206-A25D-20CD8806D833.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • CD61AF15-C908-4F91-B44B-5D5C4CBF39DF.jpeg
    CD61AF15-C908-4F91-B44B-5D5C4CBF39DF.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • 9A2A8E3F-036F-4785-BDA7-8CD820AC4C28.jpeg
    9A2A8E3F-036F-4785-BDA7-8CD820AC4C28.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • 65AC5063-107D-4DC2-9EB7-FF7297C4EA4B.jpeg
    65AC5063-107D-4DC2-9EB7-FF7297C4EA4B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 46

Attachments

• 4E41AAB9-4B4B-4CDE-9F65-3057F1CDA902.jpeg
    4E41AAB9-4B4B-4CDE-9F65-3057F1CDA902.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • 90904E65-E454-4BC2-AADF-FB277EC31EC8.jpeg
    90904E65-E454-4BC2-AADF-FB277EC31EC8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
Be sure to use metric tools as some of the bolts are torked tight and You don’t want to strip it trying to use standard tools!

Just used positaps and a multi metre. Was easy! Thanks for all the tips. I took the easiest way lol
Nicely Done!

So it looks like you just tapped into the headlight wires....right? So are they affected by turning on your high beam headlight? Are they switched or do they just come on anytime the bike is on?

One last question. Would you mind posting a close picture of the front light mounts with them turned off? Would like to see how and where they are mounted.

Nicely Done!

So it looks like you just tapped into the headlight wires....right? So are they affected by turning on your high beam headlight? Are they switched or do they just come on anytime the bike is on?

One last question. Would you mind posting a close picture of the front light mounts with them turned off? Would like to see how and where they are mounted.
Thanks ability. They run all the time. DRL’s on low with the headlight or DRL’s on high with the headlight. Tapped directly into headlight wires.

Attachments

• 0ED741A1-7C00-42B1-82CA-8153C88DB172.jpeg
    0ED741A1-7C00-42B1-82CA-8153C88DB172.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
As a head's up, here in Manitoba the rules for lighting on motorcycles have changed in the last 2 years.
No more flashing (modulating) head or brake lights are allowed.
And if you have any additional lighting that is not factory installed, you must have a method of disabling (turning off) those lights.
I found this out recently when the guy I sold my Goldwing to failed the provincial safety, all due to lighting issues.
Read the highway traffic act thoroughly for your jurisdiction before installing any additional lighting.
When I install these same DRL's on my NC750, I will be putting a waterproof on-off pushbutton switch up on the dash.

As a head's up, here in Manitoba the rules for lighting on motorcycles have changed in the last 2 years.
No more flashing (modulating) head or brake lights are allowed.
And if you have any additional lighting that is not factory installed, you must have a method of disabling (turning off) those lights.
I found this out recently when the guy I sold my Goldwing to failed the provincial safety, all due to lighting issues.
Read the highway traffic act thoroughly for your jurisdiction before installing any additional lighting.
When I install these same DRL's on my NC750, I will be putting a waterproof on-off pushbutton switch up on the dash.
This makes perfect sense to me. It is not an issue where I live. But I do understand it.

Lots of people add extra lights for the purpose of "being seen" but they tend to add SPOT or FOG lights. I'm seeing more of the LED light bars on motorcycles too. All of those, if aimed up a bit too high are blinding to the driver. These Denali LED DRL lights don't focus to a spot or an area so they are not really an issue, but from the standpoint of writing a law, it does make sense to have a law that requires a switch for AUX lights.

Back