• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Saturday Adventure !!.

Nortwestrider

Reaction score
Visit site
DanH and I did a great 200 mile loop today that included about 20-30 miles of dirt,some kinda nasty.Dan had not been on dirt for like 30 years AND had the stock tires.Despite the absence of dirt experience and the street tires he did GREAT,althought his bike did hit the ground twice but only sufferd a broken front brake lever.His HondaBikePro skid plate did it's job and took a big hit and saved the bike.
u8adadaz.jpg

nyquve6e.jpg

uvuga6yd.jpg

u6eha8u4.jpg

uhujapy8.jpg

ze7a2avy.jpg

agy3y3eb.jpg

asarazyq.jpg

de6eza9a.jpg

enaba9uz.jpg

qa7yqe3y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We really did have a great time. The forest service road was OK for the most part but there were places that had some pretty deep gravel and in the pic above with my bike on its side what you don't see is a runoff trench cutting across the road. The first time I laid the bike down, I was stopping and put too much front brake on deep gravel and the just lost the bike underneath me - front wheel on marbles with a down hill slope but no speed, so I just let the bike fall instead of hurting myself trying to catch it and it cost me a $12 lever. In the frame above, I had slowed down almost to a stop to navigate the cut in the road and found myself in too high a gear and stalled the bike on the other side, brakes, gravel, no control, another fall. But I learned from both and the rest of the forest service road was uneventful except the pot hole that sent my top box free and flying.

HBPs skid plate took the hit that my catalytic converter should have taken so it's now over half paid for. :)

My God! but that was a great way to see the mountain. My next set of tires is the K60 rear and TKC80 front like NWR runs.

If the motorcycle gods don't live in Washington State, they must vacation her A LOT!!!! Damn but we have some roads....(and The Pie Goddess!)

Last edited:
Looks like you a blast, fellows! :cool:

DanH-it's not an adventure, until at least one bike is arse over tea kettle! :D

Hello DanH,

I had a similar trouble on a moutain road during a trip, too much pressure on the front lever, the road was very steep and unstable material. So I let the bike gently lie down.

Problem : I was unable to put alone the bike on the wheels, I had to find some help in the next village.

Question : did you put alone the bike on the weels or with help ? Maybe someone could speak about a similar experience and how to recover ?

I tried to apply what I read in "how to ride an off road motorcycle", but I was unable to do something. The bike was at square angle with the road, the seat facing downhill. At every tentative to do something the bike shoved in the road material.

B.R.

If I lived where you live and had the kind of roads you have to ride, I would also change to the K60 rear and TKC80 front. But on our coastal flat lands the Bridgestone is a better overall use tire. But I sure do envy the roads you have to ride. Great ride you two guys put in.

in the pic above with my bike on its side what you don't see is a runoff trench cutting across the road. The first time I laid the bike down, I was stopping and put too much front brake on deep gravel and the just lost the bike underneath me - front wheel on marbles with a down hill slope but no speed, so I just let the bike fall instead of hurting myself trying to catch it and it cost me a $12 lever.

I just assumed the fall would have had something to do with the kickstand being down :)

I just assumed the fall would have had something to do with the kickstand being down :)

:) - No the kickstand was down to catch the bike when we picked it up but NWR decided to post pics on the web first. :(

Question : did you put alone the bike on the wheels or with help ? Maybe someone could speak about a similar experience and how to recover ?

B.R.

NWR was there and neither one of us is small (I'm about 6' 220lb and I'm definitely the little guy) so working together the bike popped up quick and easy. The one attempt I did make on my own was unsuccessful because the gravel under my feet and the tires moved so my leverage moved. I'm stubborn and proud but not stupid so I waited for NWR to come back and help. I have picked it up on my own in the past using both the really bad for you "Grab and lift" and the proper "Turn the bars, turn your back, lift with your legs" method so I'm pretty sure if I had to pick it up on my own, I could have.

If I lived where you live and had the kind of roads you have to ride, I would also change to the K60 rear and TKC80 front. But on our coastal flat lands the Bridgestone is a better overall use tire. But I sure do envy the roads you have to ride. Great ride you two guys put in.

I'll tell you this, on the gravel my front end felt like it was all loose and greasy and ready to fall off the bike. The instant we hit pavement, it firmed right back up. We had stopped to talk to a couple guys on KTM 650s and an SUV came by the other way. NWR flagged them down to ask how further along the highway was. Apparently the look of joy and relief on my face when the lady said "1/2 mile" was pretty comical.

Mmmmm PIE !!
Even with both my tires ( TKC front and K60 rear ) at 50% they worked awsome on the loose rocky gravel.Just loosen up your grip on the bars and let the front dance around a bit and gas it !!.If we had lowerd the tire pressure it would have helped I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a great report outstanding its not a big problem that bike is dirty in trip bike is dirty always but I want to know that why your bike is laid down on the road?

Hey Dan !!
Ready to try it again next spring. !!.
NC's do take naps every now and again !!.
d5f4ff7a9f6c60b02eb4cf92554ac8de.jpg

0f7c344b77a926cd31e928dba1081223.jpg

I know a lot about a few things,a little about a lot of things but I don't know everything about anything !!.

I'll tell you this, on the gravel my front end felt like it was all loose and greasy and ready to fall off the bike. The instant we hit pavement, it firmed right back up. We had stopped to talk to a couple guys on KTM 650s and an SUV came by the other way. NWR flagged them down to ask how further along the highway was. Apparently the look of joy and relief on my face when the lady said "1/2 mile" was pretty comical.
I know how u feel. I had to ride several miles on loose gravel last weekend (both in and out). I have stock tires too and no off highway experience. I almost lost it several times. Afterward I found out that there was a paved road that went within 1/4 mile of my destination.

Back