• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Schuberth: World Premiere Unveils All-New C5 Helmet

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Schuberth has just launched their world premiere – and they’ve just dropped their anticipated C5 flip-up helmet.

When Schuberth came out with their updated C4 Pro, fans worldwide were more than a little excited. After all, Schuberth had taken what was already a pretty good helmet (the C4) and added all the elements that were missing: a fit on the round side of an intermediate oval, an upgraded interior, and advanced technology to make it “easily the quietest modular on the market.” (don’t believe us? Check out the review that our main man Cameron Martel performed on the SCHUBERTH C4 Pro two years ago).

A side view of Cameron Martel trying out the Schuberth C4 Pro helmet in Black

Now the company has just released their revised C5 unit – the question is, will it live up to the hype of the C4 Pro?
As they say, more improvements mean less room for error – so let’s dive into the press release and take a gander.

A side view of a model trying on the new C5 helmet from Schuberth

Considered by Schuberth to be “the first helmet featuring the P/J homologation and approved according to the new ECE-R 22.06 regulation”, Schuberth’s website explains the C5 as “blend[ing] ultimate safety, amazing aerodynamic and aeroacoustics performance with compact and light design thought to evolve in a modern key the iconic and timeless ‘C’ philosophy. The interior, with its exclusive INDIVIDUAL seamless linings concept, offers an unparalleled comfort level never seen before.”

A side view of a model trying on the new C5 helmet from Schuberth

The C5 also features “P/J double homologation, a Fiber Glass shell reinforced with carbon fiber, a Double chin air intake to improve ventilation, a swanky new patented visor mechanism featuring Memory Function, as wekll as the Plug and Play communication system (based on the Sena 50S system) with speakers, Mesh Antenna, FM Radio Antenna and Bluetooth Antenna preinstalled in the helmet shell.”

A view of the new C5 helmet from Schuberth

In our C4 Pro Review, Martel identified the following cons: it was heavy, the change to a rounder shape didn’t fit his particular head as well(a ‘him’ problem that may not apply to everybody), the ventilation was average, and the SC1 control panel was awkwardly placed.

Based on the data, it appears the C5 has been redesigned to take on these problems, with a “lighter but safer…shell design that is more modern and aggressive but at the same time quiet.”

“During the development of the C5, our technicians spent more than 200 hours in SCHUBERTH property wind tunnel optimizing the helmet shell design,” enthuses Schuberth’s website.

A side view of the C5 helmet from Schuberth

“These studies together with a new neckroll concept which ensure a perfect sealing of the bottom of the helmet shell, allow[ing] C5 to achieve the remarkable result of 85 Dba at 100 km/h on a naked bike.”

Considering the C4 Pro scored 4.1 stars on our extremely comprehensive and detailed review process, the C5 had a lot to live up to – and it appears it has delivered in spades.

Now all that’s left to do is get one on Cam’s head to see if it does as well as the C4 Pro did.

The C5 comes in 6 solid colors and 2 graphics in 8 different color combinations and is available from Schuberth’s official website.

Make sure to check back for updates on this new unit; in the meantime, we’ve pulled some articles on motorcycle safety for you to read from our archives.

Enjoy, and as always – stay safe on the twisties.

The post Schuberth: World Premiere Unveils All-New C5 Helmet appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Purchased this helmet from chromeburner. First off-incredible shipping speed from the Netherlands. I believe they shipped it when I added it to my cart… got it in 2 days.

I sought a new helmet, as I figured with more time on the road, I should have better protection. I was hoping for a quieter helmet with better aerodynamics.

I picked this helmet after researching and reading tons on many helmets. I also considered some AGV, HJC, LS2 and Shoei brand helmets. I read negative reviews on the previous C series helmets, but a trusted online reviewer gave this new variety thumbs up!

I wanted a modular helmet due to the amount of time I spend in slower traffic situations where the open lower portion can give me better ventilation.

Speaking of be ventilation, this helmet breathes so well! One review I saw mentioned the feeling of cool air felt flowing through the scoop on top. You really can feel it. The large inlets at the mouth area are also wonderful. The drop down visor is great. The ability to leave the shield in position while opening the lower helmet portion is cool, I guess.

The weight is acceptable, there is only 2 shell sizes-since I’m in the medium range, I believe I got the smaller shell. This BARELY fits in the 2021 frunk.

There is different interior pads you can purchase to customize and create a more tailored fit-I’ve been good with the provided set.

The noise level doesn’t seem better or worse than my LS2 modular or my wife’s S&S full face helmet. I’d say this helmet does better with buffeting than my LS2.

It’s ready for a few different comms systems, thought I’ve yet to fiddle with this.

Overall, I’m happy with this. I plan to take a few rides again with my old LS2 to compare a helmet 1/4 the price.

I wonder if the C5 improved the face shield over the C3 Pro. I bought a C3 Pro but before I actually used it, I witnessed problems on my friends’ same models with the pin lock not staying in place and fogging up during rain riding, and the friends also commented that you couldn’t crack the shield open a tiny bit for ventilation and have it stay there; the first opening stop was fairly big. I sent the Schuberth back and kept using my HJCs. Maybe the C5 will be worth a try?

JPD750, I also looked into buying from the Netherlands because of favorable pricing, but it seems those helmets had a different safety rating system than for the US, so I did not. Does your helmet have a DOT sticker?

Not sure I would risk another Schuberth after the pain and suffering I have endured over the past few years with my E1. :oops:

I wonder if the C5 improved the face shield over the C3 Pro. I bought a C3 Pro but before I actually used it, I witnessed problems on my friends’ same models with the pin lock not staying in place and fogging up during rain riding, and the friends also commented that you couldn’t crack the shield open a tiny bit for ventilation and have it stay there; the first opening stop was fairly big. I sent the Schuberth back and kept using my HJCs. Maybe the C5 will be worth a try?

JPD750, I also looked into buying from the Netherlands because of favorable pricing, but it seems those helmets had a different safety rating system than for the US, so I did not. Does your helmet have a DOT sticker?
The c3 pro face shield came up in many reviews I read. The C5 has a 120 pin lock. I have had 0 issue with fog even in lower temps and high humidity. My LS2 occasionally has this issue. The C5 has not. The C5, as of purchase, has the ece 22.06 rating. It’s the highest euro standard. It is supposedly more rigorous than DOT testing - though I have not personally looked at these differences.

The c3 pro face shield came up in many reviews I read. The C5 has a 120 pin lock. I have had 0 issue with fog even in lower temps and high humidity. My LS2 occasionally has this issue. The C5 has not. The C5, as of purchase, has the ece 22.06 rating. It’s the highest euro standard. It is supposedly more rigorous than DOT testing - though I have not personally looked at these differences.
Never in my riding career has anyone asked to see my helmet’s safety rating stickers. If a helmet purchased from Europe had no DOT label, it probably wouldn’t ever matter even though technically some US states might require it.

Good to hear the C5 face shield maybe improved over the C3.

Update on this helmet after several months….

It’s comfortable. No fogging issues. The wind noise is bearable-but I’m driving with a madstad windscreen. Ventilation is great still-even if I have to sit high up sometimes to get the air in.

Only complain is the outermost visor is intended to stay up in position, but it falls when I hit a bump or my head moves quickly. I also must push the visor hard to seal it.

I plan to test the built in comms in the next few months. Other upgrades to buy first!!!

I'm ready to get a new helmet, and I've really loved my C3 Pro. All-day comfortable, quieter than other helmets, good ventilation, fits my noggin very well. Never had any pinlock issues, and Schuberth US customer service has been excellent (I needed a new vent tab ... they sent me 2 entire vent assemblies for free, and I was out of warranty a good bit).

So I'm inclined to buy a C5. Right now, however, a DOT C5 is about 67% more expensive than an ECE version purchased from, say, FC Moto. I realize the actual safety difference between DOT and the current ECE 22.06 is probably nothing, but I wonder if injured in a crash if the insurance company will take the position I wasn't wearing a "legal helmet" (my state has a "DOT sticker required" law).

I wonder if anyone has experience in this regard?

Back