• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Screws on the DCT motor

Motocikls

Reaction score
Visit site
My honda NC750x DCT (2017) has a problem - leaking oil from two screws. Watch the picture Skruves.jpg But before I unscrew the screws i want to know for what purpose these screws are? Unfortunately, I cannot find an engine layout scheme on the Internet to understand what the screws are responsible for.
Perhaps someone here has encountered such problem or knows what the screws are for before I unscrew them and change.

I couldn't find anything in the service manual showing exactly why those plugs are there. I think the oil passages that they seal off must be drilled and machined from the outside and the holes are drilled in the manufacturing process. The plugs seal the holes that are left behind.

Does it leak just sitting or does it usually happen while/after riding?

If the bolts are located below the oil level, oil will run out when you break them loose, but if not I guess oil just seeps out under crankcase pressure when the engine is running.

Surely breaking them loose, cleaning both surfaces, and re-tightening would create a good seal?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Does it leak just sitting or does it usually happen while/after riding?

If the bolts are located below the oil level, oil will run out when you break them loose, but if not I guess oil just seeps out under crankcase pressure when the engine is running.

Surely breaking them loose, cleaning both surfaces, and re-tightening would create a good seal?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
These plugs are far above the oil level in the sump and probably have no oil standing in them when the engine is off.

Oil in the two passageways force engagement and disengagement of the clutch packs and the oil is under a pressure of approximately 80 psi when the engine is on. Any real leak would make it's presence known by a LOT of oil coming out under pressure. I imagine we are talking about a seep or a weep of oil as opposed to a leak. I'm with you - resealing the threads of the plugs with HondaBond or other adhesive sealant would probably fix it.

Back