• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seahorse cases?

itlives

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Found these on the Tenere forum. I've never seen them before but they look like a good alternative to expensive cases.
I'm sure you would have to get the attachments from one of the regular suppliers like Givi, Touratech, SW Motech or any of the many others.
For those of us cheapsters, I think we could make them work.
Check out their site-
Seahorsecases.com: Seahorse SE-920 Case

Last edited:
I have had one on my DR650 for the past couple years. Seems to hold up okay.

20150829_141350_zpsf6xtg20k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I use one as a top box for my laptop. It is waterproof. But comparing what I have to Beemerphile's Carabou (Pelican cases, I think.), they are not as durable.

I like it fine as a small topbox mounted directly to Givi hardware.
52f25b1017a45b1b70112039569b46d4.jpg

Last edited:
What i do not like about them is, that they're not "easy-access" if you want to lock them. You'd have to use a padlock.

I recently upgraded my bike from a Ninja 650 to a 2104 NC700x. I had a nice sized Seahorse as a top box on my Ninja. (i'll have to give you the seahorse model # in a future reply) It was mounted on the ninja 650 givi sidearms. I drilled the holes in the bottom of the seahorse and, after alignment to the bracket, bolted it to the Givi arms with bolts/washers/ and It worked flawlessly. I'm sure I could've engineered a quick released for the box. But I kept it on full time. Great box, water proof and solid. I plan on transferring it as a top box for my NC7. The holes should align due to the same givi mounting plate for both bikes. I ordered the trekker 33's and side brackets so the entire setup will have a lower profile seahorse top box and the black trekker 33's on the sides. pics to follow

Here's a pic of the Seahorse top box that I mounted. the case is a SE630.
Amazon.com : Seahorse SE630 Protective Case without Foam (Black) : Diving Dry Boxes : Sports & Outdoors

I mounted it to the Givi 1111FZ brackets. Bolts, washers in the box and washers, lock washers underneath. Wanted to think up way to do a quick disconnect but then figured i'd just mount them permenantly. Love the box, stays dry, and is sturdy. Downside is that a padlock is needed to lock the box up. however, the box does latch with twist/turn semi locks. I plan on mounting 4 eyehooks in each corner so that I can bundle some lighter things on the lid. I did mount the box parallel to the bike so that the lid opened from the right side of the bike. just my personal preference. 20160321_195930_resized.jpg20160321_200059_resized.jpg20160321_200139_resized.jpg20160321_200149_resized.jpg

Back