• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat Concepts install

bduffey

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I just ordered the Seat Concept cover/foam for the bike. Has anyone done their own install on this product? If so, how did it go?

I watched a couple of their vids showing installs and it looks 'do-able' at home with some spray adhesive, some silicone and some patience. Yes...No....Maybe?

I paid a local upholster to install it ($50) for me. I saw several people had posted having problems doing the instal themselves. I also saw several had no problems. It just depends how confident you are in your abilities.....

I don't think the upholster used adhesive though..... but I could be wrong.

I did my own back when they first came out. (I sold the seat shortly thereafter). I'm glad I did since now I'm not afraid to take on an upholstery project.

I used an air powered stapler that cost about $20. Spray silicone can help the cover slide easier on the foam for positioning. The spray adhesive would be or securing the foam to the base pan.

The difficulty of the project might depend in part on how perfect you want the outcome. My wanting to get the cover on straight and with no wrinkles meant I took my time pulling and stretching the cover. I do remember my fingers being sore afterward. The end result looked totally professional.

Thanks to all! Iy looks like something I'm just going to go ahead and do. It's not the few bucks I'm saving...... just the fun of doing your own 'stuff'!!

Get a friend to help stretch the material. It can be the devil himself to try to stretch with one hand and staple with the other.

Get a friend to help stretch the material. It can be the devil himself to try to stretch with one hand and staple with the other.

I too did it this way ....... I tried by myself BUT got super frustrated sooooo my buddy who also has done a few "seat concepts" seats himself , helped me. Took maybe 1/2hr....and looks great with a few 1000's kms on it.

I did it myself with the Harbor Freight stapler. No problems. After about a year, I took the cover back off and carved the foam a little to remove some thickness in the back (decrease slope) and to add a coccyx valley. Reinstallation was even easier with the slightly shorter foam.

I did it myself with the Harbor Freight stapler. No problems. After about a year, I took the cover back off and carved the foam a little to remove some thickness in the back (decrease slope) and to add a coccyx valley. Reinstallation was even easier with the slightly shorter foam.

I would like to see some photos of that seat. I was thinking about doing the same!

I'd like to see that, too!

Back