• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat Concepts Seats

Something similar to your requests would probably work for me as well. Got some time with a sore rear end to take some notes and try a couple things until shipping it out to get an idea. Might fancy some red thread though but definitely sticking with the vinyl.
He will discuss color options, etc with you. I asked about a thread color and he did not recommend it because it would fade. I don't recall which color it was. He will do what you want, but he will also give you recommendations for comfort, wear, etc. He wants happy customers.

In another post I mentioned I was asking Seat Concepts to raise the seat material by 1". I reached out to them via email and received a response stating they cannot adjust seats and are limited by the molds they have available. Just letting everyone know in case this was an option they were considering as well.
I didn't read all the comments, so this may be repetitive...
I was responding to another post and made the following comment having to do with the Seat Concepts seat on my 2018.
I have the "Low Cut". My other bikes are massive boxer's with huge saddles, so for WIW;

My "Seat Concepts", after 3500 miles is just OK. I bought the slightly stiffer foam filler and that was a mistake. Still hard as a plank after those miles. The upside is the shape...no hard edges (like the stock '18) and not sloped to cram your "baggage" into the frunk. OK 300 mile/day seat. Not great north of that. I use an "Alaska Butt Pad" for anything over a couple hours now.

I didn't read all the comments, so this may be repetitive...
I was responding to another post and made the following comment having to do with the Seat Concepts seat on my 2018.
I have the "Low Cut". My other bikes are massive boxer's with huge saddles, so for WIW;

My "Seat Concepts", after 3500 miles is just OK. I bought the slightly stiffer foam filler and that was a mistake. Still hard as a plank after those miles. The upside is the shape...no hard edges (like the stock '18) and not sloped to cram your "baggage" into the frunk. OK 300 mile/day seat. Not great north of that. I use an "Alaska Butt Pad" for anything over a couple hours now.
Thank you very much. I’m going to give this seat about 500 700 miles before I pull the trigger on a Corbin. The forward slope correction from SC does eliminate the junk in the frunk problem but does not completely eliminate the slope, IMO. Much better but still noticeable on the standard seat.

Thank you very much. I’m going to give this seat about 500 700 miles before I pull the trigger on a Corbin. The forward slope correction from SC does eliminate the junk in the frunk problem but does not completely eliminate the slope, IMO. Much better but still noticeable on the standard seat.
Keep us updated on your Choice please. I’m debating between a Corbin or seat concepts. My concern is that I read the Corbin doesn’t always work well for 2018-2020 model year bikes.

Keep us updated on your Choice please. I’m debating between a Corbin or seat concepts. My concern is that I read the Corbin doesn’t always work well for 2018-2020 model year bikes.
I remember having read a member on this site stating that the Corbin doesn't completely eliminate the slope. I had this feeling too, looking at the Corbin seat pictures.

I remember having read a member on this site stating that the Corbin doesn't completely eliminate the slope. I had this feeling too, looking at the Corbin seat pictures.
When I asked a Corbin owner on an NC700X that same question, I got the same answer, that the slope still remained somewhat. I did not ride the bike myself, so I was not able to confirm.

Last edited:
When I asked a Corbin owner on an NC700X that same question, I got the same answer, that the slope still remained somewhat. I did not ride the bike myself, so I was not able to confirm.
If the slope is reduced equal to that of the SC, I'd be okay with that; as long as the other comfort elements were improved.
I will. Hoping the SC initial impressions become a faded memory and it breaks in an performs. I've sent an email to SC asking if it does break in but no response yet.

If the slope is reduced equal to that of the SC, I'd be okay with that; as long as the other comfort elements were improved.

I will. Hoping the SC initial impressions become a faded memory and it breaks in an performs. I've sent an email to SC asking if it does break in but no response yet.
My SC seat is pretty high quality, and doesn't look like the foam is going to soften up any time soon.

Hello all. 200 mile trip today and this seat was practically unbearable and actually worse after taking breaks. The discomfort began at less than 30 miles where I began noticing pressure on the middle outside of my glute on the right side, then left, then pressure on the pelvic floor, then hot spots under hip joint and finally began to feel pressure on my tailbone. At this point, I feel this was one of the worst purchases I've ever made and just threw time and money out the window. I'll try the seat slope mod then I'm done with it. Frustrating. BUT!!! I really am happy with the NC! Glad I own one again!

Edit. Adding risers too.

Last edited:
Hello all. 200 mile trip today and this seat was practically unbearable and actually worse after taking breaks. The discomfort began at less than 30 miles where I began noticing pressure on the middle outside of my glute on the right side, then left, then pressure on the pelvic floor, then hot spots under hip joint and finally began feel pressure on my tailbone. At this point, I feel that this was one of the worst purchases I've ever made and just threw time and money out the window. I'll try the seat slope mod then done with it. Frustrating. BUT!!! I really am happy with the NC! Glad I own one again!

Edit. Adding risers too.

Sorry to hear mz. Unfortunately, once the discomfort sets in, shifting around, the occasional stand, and breaks only delay the inevitable of needing to be done for the day. Hope you find your solution though. The NC is such a great bike that the seat just ruins for many. I’m scheduled for August 10 to get my Laam.

this seat was practically unbearable and actually worse after taking breaks.
Sorry to hear that.
As we all know, everyone's anatomy is different, and one man's gold is another's garbage.
Perhaps the seat slope mod will help, perhaps not.
At least you're not blowing off the bike altogether, just the seat.
I'm sure you'll get it worked out; hopefully sooner than later.

I agree with bigbird. Seats are hugely subjective and I consider myself extremely lucky that my butt isn't that particular.... on my NCs I have had good experiences with a stock 2012 seat with the Showkey mod, a Sargent, and a Corbin. I did 1000+ mile rides on the stock one and the Sargent and probably could on the Corbin. As long as the slope is removed I seem to be OK with whatever seat. When I read about what others go through to find a good seat fit for them I give thanks.

Sorry to hear that.
As we all know, everyone's anatomy is different, and one man's gold is another's garbage.
Perhaps the seat slope mod will help, perhaps not.
At least you're not blowing off the bike altogether, just the seat.
I'm sure you'll get it worked out; hopefully sooner than later.
Well, if this is the worst of my problems, I'll be just fine! Lots of folks who have real problems...this is an expensive hobby problem that I am fortunate enough to have!

I'm going to add the risers, do the seat mod, install the new suspension when it gets here, and if none of that works I'm taking the plunge on something. Corbin is likely but Seth Laam like @2wheels4me is ordering looks interesting too.

I regretted selling my NC700 15 minutes after it left the driveway so super happy to have this one back in the garage. Plus, it's so easy to work on and I enjoy that as much as I do riding. Just kind of the perfect package...same thing all the ladies say about me (not).

I agree with bigbird. Seats are hugely subjective and I consider myself extremely lucky that my butt isn't that particular.... on my NCs I have had good experiences with a stock 2012 seat with the Showkey mod, a Sargent, and a Corbin. I did 1000+ mile rides on the stock one and the Sargent and probably could on the Corbin. As long as the slope is removed I seem to be OK with whatever seat. When I read about what others go through to find a good seat fit for them I give thanks.
Unquestionably subjective and I do have a discerning posterior! All jokes aside, the stock was better but I have tossed it out already. If you've ever ridden an uncomfortable seat on a bicycle, that is close to how the SC feels to me. I should have thrown it in the attic. Actually, the seat on my Trek DS is better than the SC. I ride that thing for 20 miles without discomfort.

Hi Rabbit. What concerns are Corbin owners having with those model years, if you recall?

Hi Rabbit. What concerns are Corbin owners having with those model years, if you recall?
I read somewhere on this forum I believe that the Corbin is very tight on the rear seat and might damage the locking mechanism for the fuel tank. I don’t carry a passenger so I wouldn’t be getting the rear seat, but I did love my last Corbin I had and want to make sure it works due to their poor return policy

I read somewhere on this forum I believe that the Corbin is very tight on the rear seat and might damage the locking mechanism for the fuel tank. I don’t carry a passenger so I wouldn’t be getting the rear seat, but I did love my last Corbin I had and want to make sure it works due to their poor return policy
Great points. I appreciate that very much.

Back