• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat mod......slope change

I thought (from another '18 owner's post) that the new seat didn't have the slope problem?

Correct. Only the initial models (2012/13 I think) came with sloped seats. Since 2014 Honda changed the slope and the new seats were different. I might be wrong about the year model which came with the type seats, but the seats are definitely not the same. The new type seats gets made from a different material, and are softer as well.

Correct. Only the initial models (2012/13 I think) came with sloped seats. Since 2014 Honda changed the slope and the new seats were different. I might be wrong about the year model which came with the type seats, but the seats are definitely not the same. The new type seats gets made from a different material, and are softer as well.

Speaking strictly about USA models (South Africa’s could be different), the seat slope has been with us all along. 2014 simply brought on a stickier cover, but no slope fix. See post #12 in this thread: 2014 NC700/NC750 Seat vs. Pre-2014 Seat???

I have not seen much info on the USA 2018 NC750X seat, but I believe the part number has changed again. So, there is a faint glimmer of hope for an improvement.

Last edited:
Sad that Honda hasn't figured out a way to correct this issue......somehow.

I agree, but the slope probably does not influence sales success (we both bought the bike anyway), so there's little incentive to fix the issue.

There are so many bikes that have the seat slope to the tank.........I think it’s done purpose........so they are not likely to fix an issue that they designed in. ????????

Your both correct. BUT , one day , word of mouth will be their sales nightmare , unfortunately. From what I've read abroad, the new age folk are not so inclined to ride motorcycles. If they decide to ride and have a sore backside or cracked "twins"..... .their done ; they definetly won't take the time nor interest too mod a seat. Time will tell......choose well Honda.

FWIW, for those who switch to a Corbin seat ...

The front tab is made of metal and there is a bit of play in the spacing so you can actually install a couple of 1/4" spacers by siliconing a couple of 1/4" thick heavy rubber pieces to the seat's support bumpers that rest on the steel plate on the Honda's frame. No need to modify the seat's metal tab. No need to make a new tab bracket for the bike over the existing tab bracket. You only get a 1/4" rise with this mod, but it may be all you need.

Just a very easy thing to try if you are so inclined.

Also at only a 1/4" rise there is no 'gap' at the front of the seat.

My guess is that in the showroom, the seat slope helps to sell bikes since it makes the seat height more management for some people.

Back