• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat mod......slope change

You were supposed to tell the seat guy how you wanted it reshaped. Take a pic of the seat on the bike before you give him the seat and show him how you want it, lower, flatter,
wider and level. He can't see what needs to be done unless he can see it on the bike.

Yeh, absolutely! We were talking about that, but I realised this problem only now. The seat is softer than before, that forward slope was corrected very well.
It is just like those problems, when I buy new shoes :)

"The showkey seat mod" Thank you showkey! I'm on a budget and did not want to invest in another seat that might not solve the slope. Your solutions looks great. At home depot/lowes they have thick aluminum bars that will make the bracket as shown perfect. A great idea that fixes the problem. Thank you!

"From the most interesting man in the world. I don't usually ride motorcycles, but when I do, I ride the nc700x! Ride thirsty my friend.

Hi thanks to all, I did the seat mod (raising seat) using advice from this forum thread, got the 4 furniture coaster rubber buttons and put them in the correct places and glued them down with some strong adhesive. Then made the bracket with a 10cm metal rounded hinge I found in the plumbing dept of a hardware store. Bent it into place with some pliers and used the existing bolts already on the bike to bolt it down. Done about 400km and it seems fine.
Seat is about an inch higher and no sliding my knackers into the frunk. With my lowered foot pegs the ride is great. I'm 6ft and inside leg 34inches.
Only problem now is my helmet/head is getting battered by the wind at any speed over about 80kmh.
So next step will be a touring screen of some sort.
Thanks for the image.jpggreat info. Have attached pic of how seat looks side profile on. Will post more pics of entire mod if anyone is interested.

Maybe its just me but i took the gel pad off 2 weeks ago.not sliding anymore.so i either don't notice it or the seat is getting broke in and i found a sweat spot.

Just did this mod, used some pipe strap and 2 rubber furniture sliders stacked to just over 9/16" on each seat support. Spent 12 bucks and had lots of parts left over :D Headed out now to see how it feels.

Amazing what 9/16" will do for you :) No more thighgrip of doom! No sliding at all and for the first time I rolled 100 miles non stop with only minor butt numbness. This mod just dropped a new seat behind a Rox Riser and a Madstad windshield. Thanks!

Try removing the two rectangular rubber spacers as well. It'll increase the effect of raising the front.

Try removing the two rectangular rubber spacers as well. It'll increase the effect of raising the front.

Be careful...........removing the rectangular spacers could cause a support problem for the seat pan and also may put undue stress on the latch mechanism.

Sure :D it ain't pretty but it works. Start with this stuff

ncxseatstuff_zps5cfaab98.jpg

installed

ncxseatmodinstalled_zps5237f0e9.jpg

Actually had to lift each side of the front of the seat to get it to slide onto pads and then a little gap on each side

ncxseatgap_zps5acff834.jpg

And a HECK of a better ride!

I used the same, but I found (when measuring) that using only one of those Everbilt anti-skid things wasn't enough. The rubber spacer on the seat wasn't reaching it, and as such, all of my weight was still pressing on the tongue. I added a everbilt anti-skid thing to the actual rubber spacer as well, via 3M double-sided foam tape and that worked. Now the tongue only touches the groove just barely, rather than resting on it.

You may want to check yours to make sure you're not just resting on the tongue, rather than on the spacers you made.

I used the same, but I found (when measuring) that using only one of those Everbilt anti-skid things wasn't enough. The rubber spacer on the seat wasn't reaching it, and as such, all of my weight was still pressing on the tongue. I added a everbilt anti-skid thing to the actual rubber spacer as well, via 3M double-sided foam tape and that worked. Now the tongue only touches the groove just barely, rather than resting on it.

You may want to check yours to make sure you're not just resting on the tongue, rather than on the spacers you made.

I used two each on each side for about 9/16 thickness total. Sorry, should have been more clear.

Hot damn! Did the mod, and a seat upgrade just went way down the list of priorities. Gotta put in a long day in the saddle to test it out. :)

I just did this mod and I have to say WOW much better, I have a Airhawk cushion that I bought for another bike and had been using it, but I still would slide forward a little so decided to try this mod. I bought these rubber chair tips at Lowe's, less than $2.50 w/tax. P1010606.jpg

I cut 2 of them down by about 3/16 inch, they slip right over the bumper pads on the front of the seat just tight enough that they won't fall off without being so tight you have to force them on, in other words a perfect fit. Photo of the shortened tips.
P1010607.jpg
Photo of the uncut tips, which is what I ended up using after taking a ride with both.
P1010609.jpg

I used some pipe hanger strap that I had to make the front holder piece, not pretty but it works.
P1010611.jpg
This was a little bit to tall and with the shorter tips the front of the seat had some free play, with the uncut tips everything was nice and tight.

I went for a nice long ride both with and without my Airhawk on it, I still prefer having the Airhawk as my but still starts feeling sore after about an hour or so without it, but I at least don't slide forward anymore.

There is a bit of a gap now, but I think most people wouldn't notice it if you don't point it out.P1010613.jpg

Seat height on your bike must be 34 inches with that air hawk, I had my seat recushed and added lowering links but the recush and seat mode raised it back to stock. I'm 5'11 30" inseem. Still love the bike though. Honda just announced the new CTX1300, it looks like it was made for my 63 yr old overly abused body. It will be mine ASAP.

I used airhawk on one trip,hated it and took it back.to high for me and i felt like i was sliding off.made my own cushion for longer trips and am happy.i don't notice the slide anymore.i either got use to it or brace myself and don't realize it anymore .

sent from a keyboard in the frunk

I used airhawk on one trip,hated it and took it back.to high for me and i felt like i was sliding off.made my own cushion for longer trips and am happy.i don't notice the slide anymore.i either got use to it or brace myself and don't realize it anymore .

sent from a keyboard in the frunk

I have used an Air Hawk for thousands and thousands of miles. I currently use one on my NC along with the slope mod and works good for me. Although, were are all different when trying to find a comfortable seat. I found the best way to use the Air Hawk is with as little air as possible to raise you slightly off the seat. If it is over inflated you indeed feel like you are riding too high and slipping off. At least that has been my humble experience.

But then again, you could have it properly inflated and the Air Hawk is still not comfortable for you. As I said before, we are all different on how our buttocks fits to the seat.

During my recent mods I took time to adjust the front of my seat, I didn't need to raise the front as much as all of you did so I just used some rubber gasket material glued to the top of the bracket were the seat bumpers hit. Raised it a 1/4 " and was still able to jiggle the tongue back in. WOW what a difference, glad I took the time to do it too.

Back