• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Second Annual Florida NC700X RTE

So just to be clear we are doing this oct20th and where are us north florida riders meeting?
Matt,

Yes I went ahead and quit procrastinating and set a date of Oct. 20. It's a Sunday for the benefit of you and others that work on Saturdays. 11 AM at Gator Joe's on Lake Wier in the town of Ocklawaha.

LM15 is going to be staying in Palatka that weekend so I suggested we meet at Angel's Diner on US 17 in the fine town of Palatka. Angel's Diner to Lake Wier is about an hour and 15 minutes so we need to leave Angel's by 9:45 AM. I'd like to get to Angel's in time to have a cup of coffee so I'll leave my house around 7:30 - 7:45. I can meet you or anyone else from JAX that might like to go as a group - just let me know here or PM me. I live in the Arlington area and will take 295 south to the south side of JAX.

After lunch I'll ride a loop that goes up into horse country north of Ocala and goes around in interesting circles. Nice roads around there. If anyone wants to ride along after Gator Joe's lunch that would be great. The loop stays close to I-75, 41/441, 27, and 301 so if anyone needs to peel off and head for home they have that option. I'll probably ride about 75 miles after lunch then head home.

I look forward to meeting everyone there and placing faces and personalities with screen names.

Attendees:

Jax:
Hmcp88
dduelin
Wleuthold

FLL:
LM15

Tampa:
TheFloridaRider

Sanford/ Lake Mary area:
AnE

Titusville:
Spaceteach

Possibly
davidc83

There's no place on the other forums to post this for others who may not know about it, is there?

Last edited:
Good looking weather! I have a couple poeple coming with me (non NC riders) so we should have a good group there.

Last week to go update:

Sunday 10/20 I am meeting some friends at the Walmart parking lot at the corner of CR 220 and US 17 in Fleming Island, FL for the ride to the RTE. If you live in Jacksonville or nearby this should work. I will leave the WalMart parking lot at 8 AM for a coffee stop at Angel's Diner in Palatka, FL. Leave Angel's no later than 9:45 AM for the ride on down to Lake Weir. Meet us at either place and see you then!

The weather forecast for Sunday in the ride area is still looking pretty good - 70 to 85 degrees as the day progresses with a slight chance of rain late in the day. Look forward to seeing friends and meeting new ones!

If anyone in the Jacksonville / North Florida area saw the thread late and plans to show up we changed the meeting spot from the WalMart at CR220 and US17 to the MacDonalds across the street. It is still on 220 just a couple blocks west of the 220/US 17 traffic light.

I wish but I'm not that flexible today, I am pre-committed to being in Hunter's Creek at 2:30 PM and I am busy here until lunch. Ugh. Next time for sure!

IMG_1896 (1024x768).jpg
The NC riders at Gator Joe's. We were all part of different rides that all converged on the banks of Lake Weir. Nice group, I must say. Here is the order. My memory is not too good so I hope others fill in the blanks. Starting at the left.
2. Wleuthold
3. Spaceteach
4. dduelin
8. Hmpc88

Last edited:
Great picture. Must be the current record of most NCs in one place in U.S.

Wish I could have stayed in the area to participate. Need to post names to go with photo. I recognize Dduelin 4th from left and WCMike third from right.

Where is LM15? Wouldn't you let him in the picture?

From what I could tell, a good time was had by all. It was great to meet so many members of the forum.

Many thanks to dduelin for coming up with a great place to meet and eat.

Bob

Great picture. Must be the current record of most NCs in one place in U.S.

Wish I could have stayed in the area to participate. Need to post names to go with photo. I recognize Dduelin 4th from left and WCMike third from right.

Where is LM15? Wouldn't you let him in the picture?
I didn't mean to leave Mike (LM15) out. I thought before we split up we should take a picture of the 8 NCX bikes together and Mike was on his MP3 so he wasn't in this picture and none of the other pics I took had everyone in the pic. With the friends of friends that came along I guess we had about 15 or 16 different bikes and one couple. A good group - I hope everyone had a good time and got home OK. LM15 had a long ride ahead of him.

Glad you guys were able to put this together. Pretty cool that you could get eight NC's in one place on a random weekend that wasn't part of a national event. Were there any other photos taken? Maybe some video of the ride?

Back