• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seen in the wild

I saw a black first gen NC going south on 880 around great mall parkway at 1500 (3pm) today

I was passed by a red NC today coming down 17/365 out of Habersham County into Toccoa. I was in the cage. It was around 5:15. Rider had a passenger and a silver and black trunk on the back. They had South Carolina tags. I was hoping to catch them at the stop light, but they made it through and I did not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A co-worker rode to work today
2ab49636db3a8b02096fa24f1ed02664.jpg

Edit: I just realised that's a 500 not a NC

Last edited:
heh, at that time of the AM you'll get a pass! Good obs though. :{)
I've been starting at 330 for a month or two now (my usual start time is 430), coincides with extra days. I'm scheduled for 4x10's lately it's been 5 or 6 days a week though.
But I'm off for a 4 day weekend. My son is moving to Washington so we're caravaning from central CA to Washington, I'm actually just about to get on the road and I don't go back to work until Tuesday

NC Rocky Mtn.jpg
Just back from a 2 week 9 state trip in my truck. Came across this NC in Rocky Mountain National Park (north east of Denver, Colorado) parked at an elevation of 12,200 ft. As I was taking the picture, the owner came down the trail so we chatted for a bit. It's a 2014, he bought new still in the crate in 2015. He couldn't pass upon the great price and he was surprised on how much he likes the bike and commented also on the great mileage. He has an old Honda 1100 that he takes on multi-day trips and the NC is his day trip bike. He mentioned he doesn't ride just to ride, he rides to go places to do other things. His longest ride on it so far has been 300 miles. He hikes a lot and this is what he uses to get to the trail heads. He added a larger windscreen (didn't notice which one), Givi 22 panniers and he made a wood platform where a top box would go, otherwise its stock. He says the panniers are perfect size for a day pack on one side and food and drink on the other. I asked how the bike performed at the high elevation and he said no problem at all, but added in the National Park due to the traffic, speed limits and curves you can only go 35 mph. He offered that he is 63 and never goes online.

BMW KS.jpgBMW KS 1.jpgBMW KS 2.jpg

Ok, I know this isn't an NC but I found the story interesting. While staying in a hotel outside of Mt Rushmore, in Keystone, SD, I saw this bike and the owner came out to talk. He and his wife have been on the road for 6 months riding 2 up. They are from Brazil and started the trip in Patagonia in the southern tip of South American and rode all the way to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. They were now on their way to New York. All their gear fit into the 3 boxes, plus they had a bag on top of each of the boxes. He proudly showed me the decal on the windscreen of their trip. Since their English was not very good, the conversion was limited. I showed them a picture of my NC and he showed me a picture of the wife's Honda 70.

Anyone on here ride a silver first gen NC with a grey jacket and Lego yellow helmet?
Saw him going south on 880 by whipple rd yesterday around 930 am

I got to see another NC700 today, a beautiful RED one. It was parked at a Thomas Hammer in SPokane Washington... Hammer Time(coffee)! I even grabbed a picture of his bike!! :{)

Marks 2014 Red NC700x with luggage JULY 2018.jpg

I got to visit with him for a bit. He had just recently returned from a month long trip to ALASKA! :{)

Last edited:
Saw a nice/new looking Silver NC yesterday while i was in Post Falls Idaho. It was heading south on Spokane St x 15th Ave yesterday about 3pm!! Nice new looking jacket/helmet as well.... :{)

Saw the same guy on the same NC, still wearing the same new jacket/helmet as i blew past him on the I-90 W/B freeway earlier today at about mp5. I gave him a "Thumbs up" and got off of the freeway at exit #5. I lost him behind me in traffic and then saw him later as he was N/B again on Spokane St nearing Poleline AVe. Next time hopefully i'll have some time and i'll hunt him down and introduce myself and our forum! :{)

Spotted a naked black NC with offroad-ish tires on Martin Way at Carpenter Rd in Olympia, WA Monday afternoon around 4pm.
>T

Spotted a naked black NC with offroad-ish tires on Martin Way at Carpenter Rd in Olympia, WA Monday afternoon around 4pm.
>T

Oly, I miss seeing your riding posts and playing NC Tag, I remember seeing a post that you were out for a bit, are you healed up and riding again?

NWC.... Thanks for asking. I am almost 8 weeks into rehab after having rotator cuff surgery. Damage was extensive, having beat up on the shoulder for a long time (The first injury was over 30 years ago). Anyway, we just started rebuilding muscle 2 weeks ago. I am getting to the point where I expect to start riding again in the next week or two but still have reservations about 1) picking the bike up if I were to drop it and 2) wheeling it around for parking, etc. Not riding is starting to make me a little crazy but I really cannot afford to re-injure the shoulder so I am being a little conservative.
See ya on the road soon...
>T

I seen the same red NC in 2 countries and 3 or 4 different states(can't remember If i seen him in Indiana) on July 21-22, we were riding the same route but not in the same group

Three NC's seen

I was at the Pine Bluff, Wyoming Rest Stop on I-80. Just returning from Utah where I dropped off my daughter at BYU and her NC700X. Went in to go to the restroom and when I walked out I saw parked next to my truck 2 NC700X's and 1 NC750X and an Indian Scout. Talked to the folks about the bikes. (I think the Gal on the Indian Scout felt left out of the conversation) They were from Toronto, Canada. They had not heard of the forum and I encouraged them to join. Love this forum for all the knowledge I have gained from so many of you.
Thanks again
Guy

Last edited:
Back