• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Selling the NC, wishing you all the best

Just buy enough term life insurance to make the wife happy. That way she is always encouraging you to go riding your motorcycle.
Works for me. I got enough to pay off our debt, pay for a house, buy a new reasonable vehicle and pay for expenses for a year

Last edited:
Ryan from FortNine did a nice video describing the risk levels compared to driving cars in Canada and what will increase/decrease your risk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DZk0lzR3Wc

Coles notes version:
Per km driven motorcycles are 13.5x more likely to be involved in a fatal accident compared to a light vehicle (car) in Canada.
If you are experienced, have training, always ride sober, ride within the speed limit, have ABS on your bike, and use ATGAT 100% of the time, each of those factors reduce your risk levels.

I am all about managing risk. Even if you do everything right there will always be elevated risk on two wheels compared to four, and sometimes that elevated risk is unacceptable. Personally I want to find more roads like the one that Ryan is riding in the video clip.

Sorry I don't have any advice on selling bikes as the NC700XA is my first one.

Good luck with your post-riding activities. I am in the same boat, but involuntarily. I was recently removed from my NC700X by a girl talking on a cell phone. I know people say we control our own fate while riding, but I literally had no chance to escape this hit. Maybe some day I will give a full account, however there will be a lawsuit as the girl (she is a minor) had no license or insurance. I no longer own the motorcycle because of injuries and a freaked out wife.

I was a driving safety instructor at my workplace for many years. I've seen that 4000 motorcyclist deaths per year figure.

When the wife and I went riding this past Saturday and Sunday, maybe 300 miles total, we saw a lot of other riders enjoying the unusually nice weather. I don't think we saw but a few that wore proper gear, i.e. almost no helmets were seen. It's no surprise the death toll is so high. At least I feel I have better odds than average if I at least try to protect myself, but of course, there are no guarantees.

Agree^^^^^^^^^ no helmet and alcohol seems the norm for accidents in my area.........often between 10:00pm and 2:00am

I was a driving safety instructor at my workplace for many years. I've seen that 4000 motorcyclist deaths per year figure.

When the wife and I went riding this past Saturday and Sunday, maybe 300 miles total, we saw a lot of other riders enjoying the unusually nice weather. I don't think we saw but a few that wore proper gear, i.e. almost no helmets were seen. It's no surprise the death toll is so high. At least I feel I have better odds than average if I at least try to protect myself, but of course, there are no guarantees.

Totally agree with this. There are so many factors that increase your risk when riding a bike. In my mind it's ludicrous that people ride without a helmet and it's legal in many states. Add to the fact that many riders are inexperienced, ride drunk and do this at night in LA traffic. There are some places that I won't even consider riding just because of the number of vehicles around you. I'm fortunate to live in a small rural area with little traffic, never ride drunk , have more than 25 years experience, seldom ride at night and always wear my full gear. My odds are greatly reduced from the "normal" rider.

Back