• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Semi scientific front brake pad comparison

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've gone down the rabbit hole researching brakes, and found a graph that others might find interesting. One manufacturer of brake pads is called newfren, and because our front calipers are used in loads of different bikes and scooters, they make our pads (fd0385) in six different compounds to suit all the various applications. I have cobbled together their pad characteristic charts into one picture, alongside with the best shipped price in AUD I could find them for. So just by changing pads out, we can get very different brake feel out of the front end.

Anyway, these manufacturer charts are always wildly optimistic, so I wouldn't take it as gospel, but it's an interesting comparative tool. I have a set of BT touring organic pads waiting to be installed, purchased before I realised that there was a choice of compounds to play with.
nc700 newfren fd0385 compound choices.png

Too bad there isn't a similar diagram of OEM pads to see how it compares to those. Maybe between SE and TS pads?

Reactions: MZ5
Back