Service items to check or ask dealer to do prior to purchase?

Sparkynutz

Reaction score
Visit site
I put money down on a 2020 NC750x DCT and not sure what has or hasn't been done to it in its 3800 mile life.
What should I try to get dealer to do prior to purchase? I'm mechanically inclined but if I can get them to do or check something before picking it up I may as well. Any items I should check before hand as well?
Thanks!

scott c

Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure they changed the oil, most dealers do. At only 3800 miles it shouldn’t need anything else I can think of other than possibly tires. Enjoy your new ride. I would recommend a center stand for maintenance.

davidc83

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bi
Visit site
At 3800 miles and only a 2020,,,should not really need anything....The first oil change would have been at 600 miles and then the next one isnt until 8000 miles....First valve check isnt until 16,000 miles...observe the chain to ensure not too tight, not too loose.....tires are going to have some wear but should be ok...

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Whatever service the dealer might have done, you’ll have to follow up and make sure it was done right anyway. For example, they could adjust the chain, set it too tight, then you’ll need to loosen it.

TacomaJD

Reaction score
Visit site
At 3800 miles and only a 2020,,,should not really need anything....The first oil change would have been at 600 miles and then the next one isnt until 8000 miles....First valve check isnt until 16,000 miles...observe the chain to ensure not too tight, not too loose.....tires are going to have some wear but should be ok...
Yup, what he said.

halfSpinDoctor

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Biggest thing I can think of is the chain. Check that the o-rings look okay (i.e. look at the edge of chain, not just the face plates). The OEM chains are pretty weak, and if you mistreat them (i.e. clean aggressively) they can fail early. Look for o-rings that are missing or bulging out.

frog13

Reaction score
Visit site
Perhaps I'm being Mr Obvious, but, check coolant level ( reserve / overflow ) if it's low or over filled , Tire pressure , take a peek and see what brand of oil filter is there ( never can tell what previous owners have done ) . When you get it home, perhaps take a look at the air filter......another, "just to see what's been done / changed" if anything. Enjoy your new bike! .