Service manual/CD

Outrider1

Reaction score
Visit site
Stopped at the Honda dealer today to pick up my center stand and asked the parts guy about a 2018 nc750x service manual. He told me the price of the manual was around $90 but I could get a CD online for around $5 or so. I looked and found neither on line.

Outside of purchasing a manual from the dealer what has the collective here found?

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This topic is frequently brought up.

Honda uses Helm, Inc to distribute official copyrighted paper Honda motorcycle service manuals. Period.

Any hard copy manual not originally distributed by Helm is a stolen copy. I am not aware that Honda ever released the service manual on CD.

Forum rules prevent posting links to sources of stolen copyrighted material.

Outrider1

Reaction score
Visit site
I have never heard of a $5 one online. Below is link to helm if it works.

helm
$5 is what the parts counter guy said, not that I believed it.
Looking at the Helm site there are three different manuals, how does one know which to get?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200208-214553_Facebook (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20200208-214553_Facebook (1).jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 22

potter0o

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
two others were higher priced, anyone know why or what differnce?
My free internet opinion is they just have different model year ranges. A certain number were printed of each version turning into a retail price based on cost. Perhaps they printed more copies of the newer one which brought the cost down. You would think they would do it the opposite way of reducing the cost of the old one and raising the new one. Their contact number is 800-782-4356. Perhaps they can shed some light on your question...or cut you a deal on one of those old, dated, expired (etc.) manuals :)

Outrider1

Reaction score
Visit site
My free internet opinion is they just have different model year ranges. A certain number were printed of each version turning into a retail price based on cost. Perhaps they printed more copies of the newer one which brought the cost down. You would think they would do it the opposite way of reducing the cost of the old one and raising the new one. Their contact number is 800-782-4356. Perhaps they can shed some light on your question...or cut you a deal on one of those old, dated, expired (etc.) manuals :)
This helps tremendously, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

fleetingyouth

Reaction score
Visit site
There probably arent very many mechanical differences between the older models manual and the newer 2016 version right? Most of the differences are in the exterior components I believe.

The older manual that is in stock is $89 vs the 2016 at $50

Thinking of just getting the new one and making it work.

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There probably arent very many mechanical differences between the older models manual and the newer 2016 version right? Most of the differences are in the exterior components I believe.

The older manual that is in stock is $89 vs the 2016 at $50

Thinking of just getting the new one and making it work.
A major change between 2012-2015 and 2016+ models is the plastic bodywork. The owner's manuals do not detail how to remove all the panels, but the service manuals do. So if anyone was buying a service manual, I'd think it important to stay with models years that have the same bodywork styles as their bike.

Wiring diagrams vary across most, if not all models/years, and between different country/region markets. I would not trust a wiring schematic unless it was specifically for the model and market region of your motorcycle.

Last edited: