• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Service warranties

bduffey

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know of any good Honda extended service plans being offered? The one my dealer wanted to sell was really expensive.

Working for a dealership I know Fidelity or also known as JM&A is a good one. The one I can tell you to stay as far away from as possible is Assurant. They are a nightmare, they don't want to cover things and don't want to pay full price for things, leaving the owner responsible for sometimes substantial differences.

Anyone know of any good Honda extended service plans being offered? The one my dealer wanted to sell was really expensive.

I may have something special or this might not be what your referring to so I appoligize in advance if I am wasting your time.

My dealer offered a 4yr, unlimited mileage, warrenty. They want me to bring the bike in every 4,000 miles and all service fees are covered. I take my bike in, they service it, and I leave without a pennie out of my pocket every 4,000 miles. It also includes the first set of tires free. Any tire I want.

The cost was $750 and I have documentation. It seemed like a good deal so I did it.

I may have something special or this might not be what your referring to so I appoligize in advance if I am wasting your time.

My dealer offered a 4yr, unlimited mileage, warrenty. They want me to bring the bike in every 4,000 miles and all service fees are covered. I take my bike in, they service it, and I leave without a pennie out of my pocket every 4,000 miles. It also includes the first set of tires free. Any tire I want.

The cost was $750 and I have documentation. It seemed like a good deal so I did it.

And we are all Jealous. :rolleyes:

My PR3s were $325
My 600 mile service ~ $100
My 8,000 mile service ~ $200
No intermediate 4,000 mile checks by dealer
My warranty is 7/12 gone.
When I get 12,000 mile service of plugs, air filter and such I will probalby have spent more than your $750.

Last edited:
Working for a dealership I know Fidelity or also known as JM&A is a good one. The one I can tell you to stay as far away from as possible is Assurant. They are a nightmare, they don't want to cover things and don't want to pay full price for things, leaving the owner responsible for sometimes substantial differences.

Thanks! I believe it was Assurant they were offering. How much time after the bike is purchased does an owner have to sign up for the warranty?

Go here for the official Honda extended warranty. I have been trying to decide if I want to do it also.

Motorcycles & Scooters 1-Year Warranty Protection Plan - Honda Powersports

The title to the page is a little misleading. It is 1-4 year extended protection plan for bike with a standard 1 year warranty. You have up until the first year warranty expires to buy the extended plan. It doesn't sound like it is as generous as the plan Sgt has, I want his plan.

Last edited:
I don't want anyone thinking I'm BSing so I scanned the warranty document. I was also wrong on the price. It was $799 and not $750.

You have to zoom in to see the 48 months but you can see the unlimited mileage and zero deductible portion easy. There is no mention of the free tires but that is just a dealer thing I guess. I also came with a priority members card which gives me 10-15% off anything in the store.

2-5-2014 7;37;03 PM.jpg

I have the extended Honda Protection Plan with Roadside Assistance. I bought this coverage as basically it's like having the 1 year Honda Warranty but now extended an additional 48 months. There is no deductible, (unlike some other plans). It's not cheap though. Like everything else the price is negotiable. One thing I noticed with at least one other plan, is that it did not cover fork seals. Not sure if Honda will cover those or not, but chances are, mine will will need to be replaced sometime during the extended warranty period. I figure, I'll be putting on about 12,000-15,000 miles per year on the bike.

Thanks! I believe it was Assurant they were offering. How much time after the bike is purchased does an owner have to sign up for the warranty?

You can usually get an extended warranty whenever you want, unless you have 80,000 miles on a bike because they do have mileage caps. I recommend that poeple get one when they buy because it gets rolled into the deal so you don't have to front money. But if you missed on that at least try and get it before your very short 1 year factory warranty runs out. Most companies don't require an inspection on the bike if it is still under warranty. If your out though they make you pay for a safety inspection to make sure there aren't any existing problems.

I know this bike has only been out a couple of years, but how many people have had to exercise their warranty, original factory 1 year or otherwise? Honda's are usually reliable and an older carburetor/non-ECU bike I wouldn't even consider it as I could work on most of the stuff myself. The fuel injection/ECU, although less prone to issues gets really expensive to work on. I think just the fuel pump is $400+.

One last thing to keep in mind in the US. The federal government requires a 5 year, 30,000km (18,000 mile) emissions warranty on all larger motorcycles (>280cc). This covers items to keep it legal to pass emissions, ie ECU, sensors, and sometimes injectors depending on the manufacture's interpretation.

IMHO, the best time to get an extended warranty, is sometime during the first year of ownership (for those who buy a nc700 in the USA). This will give You nearly a year to think about it, and shop around for the best price. You are not penalized (at least for the Honda Extended Warranty), if You purchase the extended warranty within the current warranty period. If You do not, the maximum extended warranty period You can get from Honda is 2 years as opposed to 4 years. If You are going to have a problem with the bike it's much more likely, You'll either have it during the original warranty period or several years later when parts have been stressed (ie, fuel pump, fuel injection, ignition system etc.)

I decided to go with the 4 year Honda extended warranty at 11 months of ownership. Mostly because I felt the DCT technology was fairly new and it might take a while for any associated design defects to show up.

I'm on the fence about the warranty too. I have until Thursday to decide. My dealer, at the time of the sale, told me that the extended warranty, with tax included, would be $530 for the extra 48months w/o RA. The mailer I got directly from Honda a month ago wants $780 for standard and $902 w/RA.

Like many, being a new engine and planning on keeping the bike I would like to get it but at the same time, it is a Honda and probably doesn't need it and $500 can buy a bunch of goodies for it.

I decided to go with the 4 year Honda extended warranty at 11 months of ownership. Mostly because I felt the DCT technology was fairly new and it might take a while for any associated design defects to show up.

I did the samething for the same reasons. I got the 5-Year Honda Extended Warranty at the time of purchase, it was only $800. I saved over $2,300 off the listing prices (No Freight or Setup Charges and over $650 off of the bike) the dealer was trying to get for it. I went through the Costco Vehicle Buy Program to get this outstanding deal. You also get 15% off all accessories too. I immediately sunk most of those savings into 13 Honda Accessories and the 5-year Honda Extended Warranty. I got it all for $11,138 out the door... :cool:

Last edited:
Just bought a used 2013 NC with 2500 miles. Original purchase date 4/26/13 so 1 year warranty up 4/26/14. Anybody that bought extended warranty(please specify if with or without Roadside Assistance) for less than Honda's list price please advise cost and dealer. Thanks.

They are good to work with. Have worked as auto/truck Service Advisor and Manager many years - they are one of the better ones.

Back