• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shaded Case for Garmin (or any 5” gps)

http404

Reaction score
Visit site
I prefer a dedicated GPS instead of my cell phone but the problem is that they wash out in sunlight, even at the highest brightness setting. To that end, I got a shaded waterproof case off Amazon for about $42.
60AFE62F-1F39-4DE4-9EEB-D5E172F1E04E.jpegHow well does it work? Pretty well but not perfectly. There’s no case that’s going to do much for sunlight from directly above you. If you’re lucky you can use your own shadow for that. Otherwise, I’d say the case worked pretty well and it fit perfectly into the Ram Mounts bracket that was holding an X-Grip. This case has the ball so you’ll need the piece that handles the ball on both sides. That piece is about 3” long and positioned the GPS in line of sight just below the dashboard. I like it and will continue to use it. It seems very well made and came with three foam inserts that you use the fill the empty space in the zippered bag. There are two thick and one thin inserts…one thick and one thin seemed best for my Garmin. I needed to cut a slot to allow for the location of the charger in the back of the GPS and I used that cutout as a filler on the side of the Garmin to keep it centered in the window. Oddly, the plastic window is very shiny and you’d think that would detract from the experience but it was fine. The buttons worked fine through the cover and with gloves on. Overall, I’d say it was worth the $42 as long as you’re realistic that sometimes it’s not going to help TOO much because of screen limitations, not the holder. In the completely-valueless-but-we-like-how-stuff-looks-on-our-bikes side, it looks pretty cool.

I use anti-glare screen covers from nushield. Not a massive improvement but it helped me. Could be a great additional option to your sunshade.

I use anti-glare screen covers from nushield. Not a massive improvement but it helped me. Could be a great additional option to your sunshade.
Thanks for the rec! I'll check it out.

Back