• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shinko 705 rear taller than stock

PolkaPig578

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering if my center stand and kick stand will work if I get the shinko 705. Front size matches perfectly but the rear is taller by 10 I believe.

Side stand and center stand will work fine with the slightly taller 150/70 tire. You will have slightly taller gearing, and the speedo will be a little off, but the difference is negligible.

If you went for the 170 rear the centerstand is fine. You might want to get one of those 'feet' that bolt onto the bottom of the kick stand as the bike will sit taller. That's my experience. Also, my speedo was more accurate with the 170 Shinko 705.

Just wondering if my center stand and kick stand will work if I get the shinko 705. Front size matches perfectly but the rear is taller by 10 I believe.
The difference in height is only 6 mm if you chose the 170/60 like I did, this tire is also slightly wider which will make the bike a little higher on the side stand, but by a negligible amount. The 170 is the width in millimeters and the 60 is called the aspect ratio, it is 60 percent of the width. I did notice a slight difference when riding but I got used to it. When I put it on the stand though I really did not notice the difference. Also with the deep tread on the Shinko, after a bit of wear it should be down to the height of other tires with less tread, like the stock. You'll see bigger problems with the side stand when trying to leave it on a slight slope than with a tire that is less than a 1/4 inch higher when new.

btw - If you chose the 150/70 the difference is 9 mm but it is a narrower tire.

The slight lesser width of a 150/70 should not be an issue anyway. I'd take that over the slight gain in unsprung weight of the 170/60.

I used the 150/70 and it was fine and later went with the 140/80 and liked it even better. When it ran out I bought a second 140/80 and ran it until I swapped bikes with MyCroft(his DCT for my manual). When I wear this one out I’ll be replacing it with a Shinto 705 as well..!!

Back