• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shinko 705's

kurtthebutcher

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just put on some awesome 705's. Front 120/70/R17 and 170/60 /R17 rears. Wire brushed them before tearing up some back roads.uploadfromtaptalk1444887332494.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444887349427.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444887357465.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444887376247.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444887386106.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I see that might be a SkidMarx rear hugger? Did the 170/60 tire fit under it with no mods?

Pictures before the ride verify you put them on, but no comments on the ride??????
The ride at first was a little tipsy because the shop put 42psi on both tires. They grab real good . Still breaking them in only 50 miles on them so far. Too early to give a real review.

Quick update: 1000 miles on tires and so far they feel like there ment for this bike. Grab great on the road and the logging roads here in Oregon. But not good in mud. Rode on some icy patches but luckily when going straight.

I went with the 150/70 rear tire. Wonder what the difference in handling would be between the two. I also have about 1000 miles on mine and also think they were designed for this bike. Tracked great in heavy rain last night on the free way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you notice a change in your speedometer / odometer readings with the 150/70 rear tire?

Yes but like the chart states it isn't that much. About 1 mph at 35 mph and maybe 1.5-2 at 60. I have a good sense of speed and rarely even look at the speedo.

Not much of a difference that I could see. I just enjoy my rides on country roads. I don't pay attention to what speed I'm riding . Just riding the speed I feel my safest for the current situation.

When I'm able to, I ride 120 miles round trip to work. All of it is on 4-lane divided highway. Will these tires hold up to the highway miles? I would like to explore some dirt roads, but have been wary of taking the street tires into anything more technical than a compacted dirt road.

Yes but like the chart states it isn't that much. About 1 mph at 35 mph and maybe 1.5-2 at 60. I have a good sense of speed and rarely even look at the speedo.

That's good. Your owner's manual and the Service Manual warn against using different size tires from 160/60R-17 due to the chance of the ECU throwing diagnostic trouble codes and/or DCT inoperation.

The UCU tolerance must be less than the difference with these tires.

How are they on slick mud roads? I'm thinking about the Dempster highway.

I think the Shinkos are an 80/20 tire, so not very aggressive. If it was me, I'd ride the Shinkos TO the Dempster and then change out to knobbies.

The 705 is not good in mud and would not be good on a muddy road. They will get you through some mud but it won't be fun. I'd do like searsboy suggests.

Back