• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shinko Manufacturing

I currently have Roadsmart 3's on my X-Adv. I put them on instead of my usual Michelins because the size I needed in the Michelins wasn't available over here when I needed them. The Dunlops are fantastic tyres in the dry. In fact they are better than the PR4/Road5 combination that I usually use. However I have been having some issues with the rear Dunlop in the wet. Since mounting them the rear has let go on four occasions for reasons that are eluding me. On each occasion this has happened on a cold damp day. On two occasions my Friend saw it happen, usually at low speeds on tight bends and not at any extreme angles. These happenings are random. Usually they pass from my mind during the ride and I get on with things. I run the rear tyre at 38psi normally.

My initial thoughts are that this is happening on the transition from the harder centre compound to the softer shoulder compound as I lean the bike. Yesterday it happened early in the ride, but after I would have expected sufficient heat to be in the tyre. Later on I stopped and felt the tyre in similar going. It was warm but not very. I ride briskly in the wet but do so more by keeping up good corner speed rather than accelerating and braking hard between corners. I have never had such issues with my former PR4. Perhaps the Michelins have spoiled me for wet riding. My next move is to drop the pressure from 38 to 35 to see if I can get more heat in the tyre. If I don't get it sorted I will be back to the Michelins eventually.

Back