• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shorty shield

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
Gave the windshield a trim. Took 3" off the top for more and cleaner air. Turned out great. No more buffeting.

K5itmiTh.jpg

5IqVWU9h.jpg

1CQAFCeh.jpg

1zWchGqh.jpg

mQRD7m8h.jpg

0pQfBgVh.jpg

Nice, I might try and pick up an extra to try.
You can paint the inside of the shield with black and it looks pretty good on the front side. Even keeps the honda logo if you want. I did mine with plastidip has lasted almost 8 years.
View attachment 45897
I did that to the shield on my FZ-1 after cutting it down.

wChSUlrh.jpg

Looks good. I'm thinking of going the other way and purchasing the taller one from Honda.
Yep, have to go one way or the other to solve buffeting issues, either taller or shorter. I enjoy the wind, especially in the summer so I went shorter. Might pick up a taller one for a winter shield later.

Decided today I wanted even more air, so took another inch off the top, so it's now 4" shorter than stock. Plenty of clean air now.

PLoiEZch.jpg

FA6UfuLh.jpg

Stock shield vs shorty shield

zWP7dckh.jpg

Is the screen that you started with Honda’s Touring screen for that year, or the base screen?

Back