• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Should we start an NC750 forum or add subforoums on this site

Should we start an NC750 Forum

• Yes.. Keep it the NC750 seperate from this site.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • No. Ad forum areas for the NC750 on this site.

Votes: 58 89.2%

• Total voters
I don't see any reason to do either. I used to own a Suzuki C50 and frequented a forum called volusiariders.com. Even though the bike hadn't been called the Volusia since 2004 when it was converted to fuel injection in 2005, nobody seemed to care and both bikes were discussed together without separate sections.

Is this the picture of the Japanese NC750?
View attachment 7889

The "L" training school model, yes.

Mike, is there a reason Honda would make a 750 version just as a trainer? If that kicks it into a different category that requires a different license and therefore require training on that size bike then I could see the schools asking Honda to make a limited run just for them since it would be a good trainer bike.

I test rode the NC700X at a licensing school. It was a special refresher course day open to the public and some dealers had brought some bikes. The school's chief bike instructor remarked to me that they would love to use them....if only they were 750cc instead of 670cc.

Practically every licensing school in Japan uses the CB750F, and all the ones I have seem have been long in the tooth. There may a requirement that bikes used for large bike license training be 750cc; I really don't know. But I do know most schools would like to replace their bikes and that apparently 670cc doesn't cut it. So there is a market for at least a few thousand of these L models, but until we see something official from Honda about consumer versions of the 750cc bike I would remain a tad bit skeptical. If it were coming, I would expect some official press release or some word of it on a Honda site or something by now. Wouldn't you?

From another site:

" Honda already uses a 745cc version of the NC700S in Japan specifically for riding schools as the NC750L (pictured below). The NC750L engine has a 77 mm bore compared to 73mm for the NC700S for a larger displacement. Despite the larger engine however, the NC750L has been (de-)tuned to make it more accessible for new riders, claiming 36.5 hp. The NC750L also has just a five-speed transmission (compared to six on the manual transmission NC models) and at 770mm, a lower seat height than the 790mm saddle on the NC700S."
This depends heavily on what rumors you believe but if the NC is only gaining 50cc it's not going to be the same as the NC750L. At the very least they wouldn't detune it like the NC750L.
One possible explanation for the difference in cc between the L and new engine would be increasing the bore the same as the NC750L but reducing the stroke slightly to give the engine a little more rev room.
If that were indeed the case you could expect 53-55hp.
I would also hope they would stick with the 6 speed tranny.

Or the rumor about 50cc is just referring to the 700 vs 750 and it will be based on the NCL engine. I still they they will stick with a 6 speed though and you can be sure it won't be detuned.

One more point:

Training school bikes never leave the school grounds, don't have to be registered, and will never get above 60km/h....and even that for only a few seconds at a time.

Performance, efficiency, emissions, etc are not necessarily a consideration and engine modification could indeed be as simple as increasing the bore and calling it a day, at least so far as a trainer bike is concerned.

Absolutely the ONLY references in Japanese to this bike I have been able to find via google are ALL about bikes produced specifically for driving schools in Japan. Pictures are available and the bikes have been delivered.

I can find NO release from Honda, nor any other reference from a Japanese source about the general consumer getting the larger displacement bike.

Believe me it is going to happen. It may vary in some countries, but it's going to happen. My local Honda dealer in the UK has already had a letter stating no more NC700s are available for order. A replacement model due to be announced soon. I have actually seen the letter myself. I think the first we'll see of the new model will be at the German Intermot bike show. I believe it's the biggest bike show in Europe.

The only major fault with the NC700 is lack of top gear roll on power, but the NC is so lovable. The NC750 will be a great addition to the family.

I'm smitten with Yamaha's FZ09. The power, and lower weight, seem to be advantage Yamaha. The practical everyday living part seems to belong to Honda. Until Yamaha gets some wind protection and luggage HONDA wins. Bring on the 750!

beside increase in bore etc no doubt there will be some subtle changes to the body work to be it distinguishable to the 700.

Why do we always want more cc's (power)? More Power = Less Miles per Gallon. Simple math.
Exactly, I would rather have the mpg than the HP or cc. If I want more power in top gear, dang, I downshift to 5th, very easy concept. I have got my NC700 up to triple digits in 6th gear (I weighed 218 lbs at the time) on a level, head wind road. I dont need the extra power. It will beat my Jeep, my wife's F250, and my wife's Ford Fusion off the line easily.
Another US concept, bigger is better is going to be the death of this country sometime in the future (when we run out of oil and the oil countries stop selling us oil-India and China wants more and more).

I can see why the Japanese regulations have an effect on the size of the engines used for the the X series of bikes. We have to remember that these bikes are imported from another country with different rules and regulations. What makes perfect sense to them, will not always make sense to us. As for the 50cc increase in size, I couldn't care less. My 700cc puts me to interstate and local speed limits plenty fast for me. I still get a bang out of the 700X and all its positive traits. If we feel as though we have to keep up with every latest trend in bikes, we will be subject to the same mind set as the computer and smart phone users. In order to " keep up" we will need to buy a new bike every year. And really, what do you get ? Not much for the money spent . I'm sticking with my NC700X and tailoring it to fit my needs with optional and after market items to make it what I need and want from my individual bike. There are times when a " Nuts to progress" mind set is a good attitude. Just my 2 cents worth. It works for me. Max

I think the forum should be combined but I suppose the name of the site might need to be looked at NC series ?
And just a thought what happens when it is no longer a New Concept

Im headed to the dealer Saturday. Im going to see what they know if anything. Maybe they cant get any more bikes either. We will see.

Galaxy S4

It does not make much sense to make a different forum because basically the NC700 and 750 are still the same. In some countries, like Belgium, you still can order a 700 although standard in Europe the bike will be a 750. I recently bought the 750 in a 700 cc version because it was in the showroom of the Dutch dealer. I suppose that all differences of the 750 will be implemented at every new 2014 NC7x0. My 700 has in fact all modifications of the 750. I checked these one by one together with the dealer.
I am now waiting for 2014 to get my bike delivered and still use my Pan European ST1100 throughout the Dutch winter.

Back