• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Should we start an NC750 forum or add subforoums on this site

Should we start an NC750 Forum

• Yes.. Keep it the NC750 seperate from this site.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • No. Ad forum areas for the NC750 on this site.

Votes: 58 89.2%

• Total voters
It does not make much sense to make a different forum because basically the NC700 and 750 are still the same. In some countries, like Belgium, you still can order a 700 although standard in Europe the bike will be a 750. I recently bought the 750 in a 700 cc version because it was in the showroom of the Dutch dealer. I suppose that all differences of the 750 will be implemented at every new 2014 NC7x0. My 700 has in fact all modifications of the 750. I checked these one by one together with the dealer.
I am now waiting for 2014 to get my bike delivered and still use my Pan European ST1100 throughout the Dutch winter.
I can't see them introduce the twin balancer into the 700. I know 47bhp DCT 700 will still be available to order for those with restricted licences in Europe, but that's all. Is your bike a DCT or manual? If a manual does it have a gear indicator in the dash?

I was looking at both the 700 and the new 750 at my local dealer this morning. I can definitely say the 750 has a wider crankcase on the left hand side of the machine (as you're sitting on the bike).

Last edited:
Reply on wozza:
It is a DCT version and I think it will have a gear indicator. Next week I will know becasue I will pick up my brand new bike. What I remember of the test drives at Honda Nederland, where I drove the NC700x DCT (2013 version) and the Crosstourer (2013) that both had a gear indicator. If you put a NC700 2014 and NC750 2014 next to each other, there is no visible difference. If you put a NC700X 2013 and NC700X 2014 next to each other you will see a lot of differences. I cannot imagine that Honda will make 2 different motors (like you suggest with the twin balancer). In case of the 700 and 750 it is just replacing the cilinder and the piston to get a 750 out of a 700. And probably other motormanagement software. But I am not sure about it.

Reply on wozza:
It is a DCT version and I think it will have a gear indicator. Next week I will know becasue I will pick up my brand new bike. What I remember of the test drives at Honda Nederland, where I drove the NC700x DCT (2013 version) and the Crosstourer (2013) that both had a gear indicator. If you put a NC700 2014 and NC750 2014 next to each other, there is no visible difference. If you put a NC700X 2013 and NC700X 2014 next to each other you will see a lot of differences. I cannot imagine that Honda will make 2 different motors (like you suggest with the twin balancer). In case of the 700 and 750 it is just replacing the cilinder and the piston to get a 750 out of a 700. And probably other motormanagement software. But I am not sure about it.
Any NC700 models in Honda dealers are basically new old stock - basically unsold 2013 models ( my own dealer still has 2 in the showroom). The only NC700 model now available for order will be the DCT model for A2 licence holders. I'm afraid you are completely wrong about the only difference between the 700 and the 750 engine is the cylinder and piston. The 750 engine does incorporate an extra balancer shaft hence the wider crankcase on the left hand side on the bike as you sit on it.
I will post Honda's press release for the 750 later, and also tomorrow I will visit my dealer and take some photos so you can see the difference between the 700 and 750 engine.

Last edited:
@ Ploegie, here is Honda's press release for the new 750.
Please note the following points :- The engine has an extra balancer shaft. The exhaust is different even though it looks the same. Span adjustable brake lever, 2 channel ABS instead of the combined ABS as on the 700. The seat has been changed and the X has been fitted with more off road pattern tyres. The new model also has new dash read out showing 'instant’ and ‘average’ fuel consumption.

NC750X Press Pack
2014 HONDA NC750X

Press release date: Monday 4th November, 18:30 CET

Model updates: The addition of an extra 75cc, more power and torque, twin balancer shafts, new exhaust muffler and taller gearing – plus a host of detail upgrades including ABS now fitted as standard, and revised software for the optional DCT gearbox – further improve one of the most cost-effective and all-round useful motorcycles available.

Contents:

1 Introduction

2 Model overview

3 Key features

4 Accessories

5 Technical specifications

1. Introduction

The NC700X – launched two years ago as a brand new model, part of a 3-bike platform – has achieved an impressive level of sales, becoming one of the best selling motorcycles in Europe. Its combination of torque-laden parallel twin-cylinder engine, frugal fuel economy and tough adventure-style chassis, riding position and looks has won it recognition from thousands of customers as a superb, stylish do-it-all tool.

Launched as a Fun Crossover Commuter concept from Honda, loaded with a great deal of fresh thinking and new technologies, its sheer all-round competence – with convenient details like helmet storage space where the fuel tank would normally be – made it a truly useful motorcycle both for day-to-day living and weekend touring.

For 2014, Honda has added to its range the NC750X - a bike designed to offer more of what every rider liked about the original, and nothing less.

2. Model Overview

A larger 745cc engine capacity gives the NC750X more power and torque throughout the entire rev-range, whilst delivering the pride in ownership of a full 750cc motorcycle. *

The gearing is taller but acceleration and top speed are both improved, while the addition of twin-balancer shafts and new exhaust muffler ensure a smooth yet characterful engine feel.

Additional instrumentation, plus a span-adjustable brake lever, 2-channel ABS, revised seat material and off-road pattern tyres round out the updates. Still affordable to buy and run – and still made in Japan – the NC750X offers high build quality and the option of Honda’s unique Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) six-speed gearbox. The DCT itself has received software updates and offers an even more intuitive riding experience.

Over the last two years the NC700X has proved itself a unique and compelling two-wheeled proposition – and the NC750X is even better.

*A 35kW NC700X with DCT remains available for A2 licence holders.

3. Key Features

3.1 Engine

An extra 75cc capacity has been added to the liquid-cooled, SOHC 8-valve parallel twin-cylinder engine thanks to a bore increased 4mm to 77mm. Stroke remains at 80mm, as does compression ratio of 10.7:1. Peak power is boostedto 40.3kW @ 6,250rpm with maximum torque of 68Nm @ 4,750rpm. Both power and torque curves are considerably stronger throughout the entire rev-range.

The design of the NC750Xengine ensures punchy performance in the low-to-mid range. Its relatively long-stroke architecture and specially shaped combustion chambers combine with the high-inertial mass crankshaft to produce large amounts of effortless torque from very low rpm.

In addition, for 2014 Honda’s engineers have added an extra balancer shaft to inject the engine with just the right amount of ‘good’ vibration. The effect of the twin balancers is to counteract vibration from higher rpm inertia, making the engine feel more refined, yet still with the distinct “throb” delivered by its 270° firing order.

A new muffler design with revised internals to regulate backpressure due to the capacity increase further adds to the riding experience, with a more characterful beat and exhaust note.

The overall gearing is now 6% taller, giving increased top speed and more relaxed highway cruising; another effect of the taller gearing is to broaden the usable rpm range relative to road speed For those choosing the DCT option – 34% in the first nine months of 2013 – the gearing is 6% taller across 1st to 5th gears, and 3% taller in 6th.

There are other benefits to the NC750X’s innovative engine configuration. It is both practical and efficient in terms of layout, freeing up space within the body of the motorcycle – thus making room for the large storage compartment, capable of taking a full-face helmet.

By keeping the number of parts to a minimum, the engine is kept light (it weighs 62.4kg, 69.2kg in DCT form), efficient and reliable. There is just one 36mm throttle body and where possible components are made to do more than one job; the camshaft drives the water pump, while one of the balancer shafts drives the oil pump.

Thanks to extensive stoichiometric analysis during development the engine is always fed the exact fuel/air ratio required for a complete and clean burn at all rpm in any riding situation. Fuel consumption of 28.9km/l (WMTC mode) is particularly impressive and goes a long way toward making the NC750X inexpensive to run day-to-day. It also extracts a 400km plus range from the 14.1-litre underseat fuel tank.

The clean combustion also minimises harmful exhaust gas emissions; PGM-FI fuel injection system supplies the optimum amount of fuel/air mixture thanks to an oxygen sensor in the exhaust. A revised high-absorption catalyser is located close to the engine – as a result the catalyst reaches operating temperature quickly after a cold start, further reducing emissions.

3.2 Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT)

Available as an option on the NC750X, Honda’s second-generation DCT gearbox offers a unique combination of direct riding feel and ease of use. A world first for motorcycles when launched on the VFR1200F in 2010, it delivers consistent, seamless gear changes, and very quickly becomes second nature in use.

The system uses two clutches: one for start-up and 1st, 3rd and 5th gears: the other for 2nd, 4th and 6th, with the mainshaft for each clutch located inside the other for compact packaging. Each clutch is independently controlled by its own electro-hydraulic circuit. When a gear change occurs, the system pre-selects the target gear using the clutch not currently in use. The first clutch is then electronically disengaged as, simultaneously, the second clutch engages.

The result is a consistent, fast and seamless gear change. Furthermore, as the twin clutches transfer drive from one gear to the next with minimal interruption of the drive to the rear wheel, any gear change shock and pitching of the machine is minimised, making the change feel direct as well as smooth.

With extra benefits such as durability (as the gears cannot be damaged by missing a gear), impossibility of stalling, low stress urban riding, and reduced rider fatigue, DCT has seen increasing acceptance in the market: 34% of NC700X customers chose the DCT option across Europe in the first nine months of 2013, compared with 20% in the whole of 2012.

Three modes of operation are available. MT mode gives full manual control, allowing the rider to shift with the handlebar trigger control buttons. Automatic D mode is ideal for city and highway riding, and achieves optimum fuel efficiency. Automatic S mode is sportier and the ECU lets the engine rev a little higher before shifting up, giving greater performance. It also shifts down sooner when decelerating for extra engine braking.

In either D or S mode DCT offers immediate manual intervention if required – the rider simply selects the required gear using the up and down shift triggers. At an appropriate time DCT seamlessly reverts back to automatic mode, depending on throttle angle, vehicle speed and gear position.

Furthermore, in “D” mode, the DCT system detects variations in rider input typical to certain environments, from busy urban streets to mountain switchbacks, and adapts its gear change schedule accordingly to create an extra level of riding compatibility.

For the NC750X, upgrades to the software and operating logic ensure an even more intuitive system; downshifts in D and S mode happen earlier for a more responsive feel and extra engine braking, making corner entry natural. Kick down is also smoother thanks to faster gear changes.

3.3 Chassis

The NC750X’s rugged steel diamond frame delivers the high levels of rigidity required for agile, responsive handling in a variety of conditions. It’s also ideal where space is at a premium, since it takes up very little volume but offers superb riding dynamics. Rake is set at 27° with trail of 110mm, wheelbase of 1,540mm and front/rear weight distribution of 48/52. Kerb weight is 219kg (229kg DCT).

Seat height is 830mm and the seat itself features a new cover for improved grip. The riding position is upright and neutral, with a high viewpoint for enhanced hazard perception; the addition of a 6-position span-adjustable brake lever for 2014 adds adaptability. Another advantage of this adventure-style riding position is great low-speed control – combined with the low centre of gravity and 35 degree steering lock, the result is exceptional low-speed handling and balance.

And thanks to a carefully shaped fairing the NC750X is equally comfortable when cruising at speed; the windscreen and bodywork divert wind around the rider, minimising fatigue.

41mm telescopic forks feature 153.5mm stroke. The rear monoshock has 150mm travel and operates through Pro-Link which offers an optimised balance of a soft initial stroke, for dealing with low-speed bumps, together with excellent control.

The front 320mm wavy disc and two-piston brake caliper offer plenty of easy to modulate stopping power, complemented by the rear 240mm wavy disc and single-piston caliper. Lightweight two-channel ABS – fitted as standard equipment –greatly reduces the chance of wheel lock-ups on slippery or wet road surfaces.Cast aluminium front and rear wheels – sizes 17 x 3.50-inch and 17 x 4.50-inch – wear 120/70 ZR17 and 160/60 ZR17 tyres.

The clear and easy-to-read instrument display features a digital speedometer, digital bar-type tachometer, clock, bar-type fuel meter and two trip meters. Updates for 2014 include a gear position indicator and ‘instant’ and ‘average’ fuel consumption.

The NC750X features the Honda Ignition Security System (HISS), an effective anti-theft set-up. If the ID chip embedded in the motorcycle’s key and the ID in the Engine Control Unit (ECU) do not match, the engine will not start.

With this electronic inter-lock system, the engine will only fire when one of the keys with the correct ID chip is used. Also, even if attempts are made to hot-wire the engine, or substitute the ignition switch module because it’s the ECU that’s in control the engine will not start.

The NC750X will be available in the following colour options:

Sword Silver Metallic

Graphite Black

Matt Pearl Glare White

Candy Arcadian Red

4. Accessories

As the NC750X will be often used for light-duty touring – as well as commuting – a range of dedicated Honda Genuine Accessories are available to tailor its specification perfectly. They include:

35L top box

45L top box on/off

29L pannier kit

Pannier kit decoration panel

Top box 35L inner bag

Top box 45L inner bag

Pannier inner bag set

DCT footshift gear lever

High windscreen

Front side cowl panel

Leg deflector kit

Foot deflector kit

LED fog lamp Kit

Accessory pipe

Grip heater kit

12V DC socket kit

Main stand

Alarm

U-lock

5. Technical Specifications

ENGINE

Type

Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 8-valve, SOHC parallel 2-cylinder

Displacement

745cc

Bore ´ Stroke

77mm x 80mm

Compression Ratio

10.7 : 1

Max. Power Output

40.3kW @ 6,250rpm (95/1/EC)

Max. Torque

68Nm @ 4,750rpm (95/1/EC)

Oil Capacity

MT : 3.7L

DCT : 4.1L

FUEL SYSTEM

Carburation

PGM-FI electronic fuel injection

Fuel Tank Capacity

14.1 litres

Fuel Consumption

MT: 28.9km/l (WMTC mode)

DCT: 28.9km/l (WMTC mode-Tested in D-Mode)

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Starter

Electric

Battery Capacity

12V/11.2AH

ACG Output

MT : 420W/5000rpm

DCT : 450W/5000rpm

DRIVETRAIN

Clutch Type

MT:Wet multiplate hydraulic clutch

DCT:Wet multiplate hydraulic 2-clutch

Transmission Type

MT: 6-speed Manual Transmission

DCT: 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission

Final Drive

Chain

FRAME

Type

Diamond; steel pipe

CHASSIS

Dimensions (L´W´H)

2210mm x 840mm x 1285mm

Wheelbase

1540mm

Caster Angle

27°

Trail

110mm

Seat Height

830mm

Ground Clearance

165mm (minimum)

Kerb Weight

MT: 219kg

DCT: 229kg

SUSPENSION

Type Front

41mm telescopic fork, 153.5mm stroke

Type Rear

Monoshock damper, Pro-Link swingarm, 150mm travel

WHEELS

Type Front

Multi-spoke cast aluminium

Type Rear

Multi-spoke cast aluminium

Rim Size Front

17M/C x MT3.50

Rim Size Rear

17M/C x MT4.50

Tyres Front

120/70-ZR17M/C (58W)

Tyres Rear

160/60-ZR17M/C (69W)

BRAKES

ABS System Type

2-channel ABS

Type Front

320mm single wavy hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper and sintered metal pads

Type Rear

240mm single wavy hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper and resin mold pads

INSTRUMENTS & ELECTRICS

Instruments

Digital speedometer, digital bar-type tachometer, clock, bar-type fuel meter, two trip meters, gear position indicator,

‘instant’ and ‘average’ fuel consumption and coolant temperature warning light.

Security System

HISS

Headlight

12V; 60W ´ 1 (high) / 55W ´ 1 (low)

Taillight

5W x 1

and all this so that its not in competition with the new 500's.
that is the only reason why Honda choose to up grade the NC.

I don't think that a separate forum is necessary for the NC750. It appears that most of the parts of the NC700 and NC750 are exactly the same except for a few changes to the interior of the engine. And it looks like most of the maintenance tasks are also the same. And a slight change in the seat shape and covering is really very minuscule. 3 horsepower increase is such a slight change for such a large price increase! Much ado about nothing!

I learned something today. I popped into my local Honda dealer as my NC750S DCT has arrived. While I was there I had a good look at the left hand crankcase and noticed that it's narrower on the DCT then the manual.
So the manual 700 has a slightly narrower crankcase than the 750, but the DCT on the lefthand side is narrower than both.

Back