• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Side Bag Falls Off On Highway

I had a Givi E36 come off the Givi rack one time. It was my fault as I did not fully engage the bag onto the frame and when I went over a railroad track crossing about 10 miles into the ride the bag came off. I was able to pick it up immediately.

A bit nerve wracking with the traffic I bet, eh? :eek:

Cool that you were able to get it without it (or you) being run over :D

There is not a bag on my bike I have not scratched or dented. However, I do plan of painting the bags before I move them to my new bike.

A bit nerve wracking with the traffic I bet, eh? :eek:

Cool that you were able to get it without it (or you) being run over :D

Luckily it was a weekend morning, and I was running across the HOV/pay to enter lane so traffic was very light.

Everything about it was pretty lucky, except that it happened!

I had a whole givi monokey top case kit, mounting plate and all, fall off my BMW f650cs after going over a speed bump once, the OEM rear rack itself fractured!

Was during my morning commute, luckily it was a side street and no-one was behind me at the time. Made strapping it back onto the bike challenging though.

My own fault in a way, didn't realise givi recommended an extra support for it, which I duly ordered. Had to replace the rear rack too - pricey!

Back