• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Side Bags, Hard Luggage

jimshaw

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone installed Givi Trekker bags on an X or XD? Did they work well?

I am getting close to pushing the button of a set. No top box. The 33 litre model, with top and side opening ability. Does the Givi mount for the NC700X go on easily? Any gripes or complaints about them?

Jim
NC700XD, new 8-15-14, ~3,000 miles

Anything Givi is top quality. They are too expensive for me, though. I've got Tusk panniers coming - I hope. They are on back order until 10/31 right now.
Nortwester has them as recommended them. That's good enough for me!

You have to get the Givi PL1111 racks and fit the Tusk panniers yourself. They won't have the quick release like they show in the video without some extra work. They will just be bolted on. I only take a few trips a year that will require the Tusks , so I don't mind. I have a set of Nelson Rigg soft bags for around town. The Tusks are $249 through Rocky Mountain ATV
https://www.google.com/search?q=tus...gFoKRyAT8zIKQCg&ved=0CFQQ7Ak&biw=1280&bih=681
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilDpo7G4JKA

Last edited:
Anything Givi is top quality. They are too expensive for me, though

You have to get the Givi PL1111 racks and fit the Tusk panniers yourself. They won't have the quick release like they show in the video without some extra work. They will just be bolted on. I only take a few trips a year that will require the Tusks , so I don't mind. I have a set of Nelson Rigg soft bags for around town. The Tusks are $249 through Rocky Mountain ATV

These are nice-looking soft panniers (I have no experience with them), shown in this thread (SW-MoTech)

These are nice-looking soft panniers (I have no experience with them), shown in this thread (SW-MoTech)

They are called the Blaze Saddlebags and include quick-lock arms that come off when you are not using the bags so there is no harware just hanging out in space. The bags slid over the arms and do not move at all. Here is a video explaining the system:

[video=youtube_share;qBPIr9YWBvU]http://youtu.be/qBPIr9YWBvU[/video]

Learn more about the NC700 Blaze bags HERE

Kev

Thanks for the Blaze reference. The rub I see with the Blaze system on an NC700 is the gas inlet being under the rear seat. I'd have to remove the bags every time I filled up with gasoline. Otherwise, they seem like a fine idea. In fact, the NC's gas inlet is the only painful part of the bike's design that I've noticed.

Thanks for the Blaze reference. The rub I see with the Blaze system on an NC700 is the gas inlet being under the rear seat. I'd have to remove the bags every time I filled up with gasoline. Otherwise, they seem like a fine idea. In fact, the NC's gas inlet is the only painful part of the bike's design that I've noticed.

You don't have to take them off. Just pull the two velcro straps apart that hang over the seat. The bags flop down and stay on the bike. Just place them back over the seat and go.

Kev

Has anyone installed Givi Trekker bags on an X or XD? Did they work well?
I have a set of the slightly larger 37 liter Givi Trekker Outbacks that were installed about 5,000 miles ago. They are working out well for me. Installing the mounts were relatively painless and I love how quickly I can remove the bags. Since these pics were taken I've added their top case (was recently made available)...42 liters...

Note that these Trekkers (Outbacks) only open from the top. That means you can't go too wide with the top case (huge 58 liter case is also available) since it will overhang and prevent you from lifting the tops off the panniers. The smaller, 42 liter top case that I have holds my full-face Schuberth C3 Pro (L) and bike cover with room to spare....Plenty of clearance to lift the tops of the panniers without any issue.

Everything was ordered directly from Italy and was shipped w/out problems.

IMG_5670-L.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Trekkers and quite like them. Purchase was due to previous experience with Givi and the top opening option. That said, the top only opens half so only small things will fit w/o opening the clamshell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything Givi is top quality. They are too expensive for me, though. I've got Tusk panniers coming - I hope. They are on back order until 10/31 right now.
Nortwester has them as recommended them. That's good enough for me!

https://www.google.com/search?q=tus...gFoKRyAT8zIKQCg&ved=0CFQQ7Ak&biw=1280&bih=681

I'm looking to do Tusk Panniers with the PL1111 racks.
I currently have the OEM top box on though, can I still install those racks?

I'm looking to do Tusk Panniers with the PL1111 racks.
I currently have the OEM top box on though, can I still install those racks?
The Tusks are compatible with the PL1111 racks, but I don't know if the PL1111 shares any of the mounting points as whatever you have holding up the OEM top box.

The Tusks are compatible with the PL1111 racks, but I don't know if the PL1111 shares any of the mounting points as whatever you have holding up the OEM top box.
Thank you for the reply.
It looks like the PL1111 uses the OEM taillight assembly as a brace point?
I just installed a tail tidy so they may not work with that.

I too, like @ld_rider have the 37 liters as seen in my Avatar. I love them. So easy to "click" on and remove. They held all of the gear I need for a 7 day adventure (warm/summer riding). I hotel it, so if I need a tent, ground cloth, sleeping bag, sleeping pad and a folding chair, I'll need to figure that out. Not a fan of the top case as I like a low center of gravity. Not withstanding, I am sure the top case is built just as solid as the panniers. Good luck!

Back