• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SIDE CASE RECOMMENDATIONS

Thank you for all of the help, I am still in the decision mode on what to get. After a few adventures out from home base, I have found the need for a dedicated GPS vs. BT in my helmet. I have been lost a total of 4 times now and it is a pain to stop and check the phone, so I am searching for a solution as well.

I can't help with the original question but Partzilla and Revzilla sell them for a bunch less. Plus, Revzilla gives you a 10% discount if you are a veteran plus another $50.00 back in a gift card. You can find them cheaper still.

With a vet discount,
Thank you for all of the help, I am still in the decision mode on what to get. After a few adventures out from home base, I have found the need for a dedicated GPS vs. BT in my helmet. I have been lost a total of 4 times now and it is a pain to stop and check the phone, so I am searching for a solution as well.
Yep, I’ve gone back to my Garmin and like it better. The phone would do funky things plus the issue of breaking the optical image stabilization of the camera, no thanks. Good ol’ Garmin does fine, doesn’t drain the phone battery, lifetime map updates. I do wish the screen were brighter.

Man, that looks like a sweet ride! I am hoping to get to that point. My thought is that using the phone with the added distractions and the potential to damage the phone is not worth it. I would prefer a mounting system above the display and have it hard wired as well. I looked into the Bee Line but I think it is not reliable enough to keep me from getting lost and it seems to have some issues.

I'm kind of leaning toward the OEM myself for some of the same reasons. My bike came with the OEM top case and I would like to have it all match for aesthetics. I'm having a hard time finding the silver decorative panels anywhere. A couple of bags of groceries, clothes for an overnight trip to visit my daughters, odds and ends, is all I'm going to use them for and I think they look the best. I'm wondering if the panel for the CTX bags will fit.
The bags for CTX and NC should be the same, with only the brackets being different.

Can anyone send a pic of the side shell case opened.? I’ve heard it’s a clamshell design and some people do not like how it works. The local Honda dealer quoted me a little over $1000 for the mounting system and side cases alone, not installed.
I paid $954 shipped for all pieces needed to install the new rear rack, brackets, and oem side cases about 3 years ago from a Honda dealer.

I am a fan of the Shad system for side cases. Their 3P system is very unobtrusive when the bags are off. You purchase the bike specific mount (top or side) and then can select from a variety of cases. Product seems to be on back order though. I ordered a top case mount over a month ago and still waiting (they took my money right away though). https://www.shadusa.com/pages/shad-products-for-honda-nc750x-2014-to-2021

Hi All

I am a new member from Uk, few weeks ago I got myself a `14 Nc750x in awesome condition, so far I love the bike.
First_164814477378.jpeg
I have been digging the forum for info/recommendations for side cases and after reading countless post I decided to get the Shad 3p system with the SH23 cases..
For those who considering to get these, I can now confirm that it does NOT fit on the NC, at least not on the 14-15 models
The problem is closing the lid of the sidecase after installed the bracket as the attachment bolt/screw is preventing the lid to be closed properly and there is not enough room to adjust the position of the bolt, it always seems to be in the way. I think its a design flaw from the manufacturer.. (see pics below)
Its a shame as this for me would be the perfect size for my daily use, I didn't want any larger boxes sticking out. Now I am trying to return to the seller and get a refund, after that I will probably end up getting the Kappa K22.. will see how it works out...

markup_8298.pngmarkup_8299.pngmarkup_8300.png....

Hi All

I am a new member from Uk, few weeks ago I got myself a `14 Nc750x in awesome condition, so far I love the bike.
View attachment 49238
I have been digging the forum for info/recommendations for side cases and after reading countless post I decided to get the Shad 3p system with the SH23 cases..
For those who considering to get these, I can now confirm that it does NOT fit on the NC, at least not on the 14-15 models
The problem is closing the lid of the sidecase after installed the bracket as the attachment bolt/screw is preventing the lid to be closed properly and there is not enough room to adjust the position of the bolt, it always seems to be in the way. I think its a design flaw from the manufacturer.. (see pics below)
Its a shame as this for me would be the perfect size for my daily use, I didn't want any larger boxes sticking out. Now I am trying to return to the seller and get a refund, after that I will probably end up getting the Kappa K22.. will see how it works out...

View attachment 49235View attachment 49236View attachment 49237....

I use Kappa K22N side cases on my NC700X. They handle all my needs, don’t make the bike too wide, and I prefer top loading cases. Perhaps they would work for you

I use Kappa K22N side cases on my NC700X. They handle all my needs, don’t make the bike too wide, and I prefer top loading cases. Perhaps they would work for you
My thoughts exactly..
The only thing I am sorry for is that the 3p system is a lot nicer an more "invisible" than any others when the cases are off.. Nothing is perfect I guess :)

Hi All

View attachment 49238

View attachment 49235View attachment 49236View attachment 49237....
I have the Kappa K’Venture side panniers (the rectangular metal boxes) and they are super. Strong, 37L, not very wide. So no, you can’t fit a helmet, not even close, but they hold a lot and I love the extra rods on the outer lids to allow for bungee cords and extra loading options. The metal box would not have been my first choice but the previous owner did me a favor because I love them.

My thoughts exactly..
The only thing I am sorry for is that the 3p system is a lot nicer an more "invisible" than any others when the cases are off.. Nothing is perfect I guess :)
I actually attach my Kappa K22s to SW Motech EVO side racks. These racks are easily removable. So if I remove the cases and the racks, the sides of the bike are clean.

If you go with the Givi/Kappa brand side case hardware, on the other hand, their racks are not easily removable.

I actually attach my Kappa K22s to SW Motech EVO side racks. These racks are easily removable. So if I remove the cases and the racks, the sides of the bike are clean.

If you go with the Givi/Kappa brand side case hardware, on the other hand, their racks are not easily removable.
I DO wish I could easily take off the racks when I'm not using the cases. They aren't completely awful but they certainly detract from the beauty of the bike.

I DO wish I could easily take off the racks when I'm not using the cases. They aren't completely awful but they certainly detract from the beauty of the bike.
While I leave mine on 99% of the time, my Hepco & Becker side cases come off with the turn of a key and a flick of a latch. After the cases are removed, 1/4 turns of hex head cam locks remove the rack. Simple and fast. There are a couple mounting points for the rack that remain on the bike but they are unobtrusive.

There are no pannier racks to speak of with the OEM kit. The pillion hand rails are replaced by rails on the top case rack that have a small steel loop that attach the pannier and there are small "nubs" that bolt onto pillion foot peg hangers. The nubs fit into receptacles in the lower front of the panniers that fix the bottom of the panniers in place. Nothing to attach or remove when using or removing the panniers. I have had Givi flat-back non-removable racks and SW Motech Evo removable racks with Givi adaptors on previous NCs and the OEM are the easiest to use and cleanest with the panniers off.

There are no pannier racks to speak of with the OEM kit. The pillion hand rails are replaced by rails on the top case rack that have a small steel loop that attach the pannier and there are small "nubs" that bolt onto pillion foot peg hangers. The nubs fit into receptacles in the lower front of the panniers that fix the bottom of the panniers in place. Nothing to attach or remove when using or removing the panniers. I have had Givi flat-back non-removable racks and SW Motech Evo removable racks with Givi adaptors on previous NCs and the OEM are the easiest to use and cleanest with the panniers off.
I understand all these.. but I do not need a top case and I do not wish to pay the extra for the OEM rack/luggage while Shads & Kappas are the 3rd of the price, so in exchange of the lower cost I am willing to sacrifice the look and the design

Back