• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SIDE CASE RECOMMENDATIONS

Thought this would be fitting for this thread....lol.

When your buddy has an obsession with the seasonal Bush Apple beer and it's surfaces in a beer store an hour away, and you make a weeknight road trip out of going to stock up on it.

We fit 5 half cases (60 beers) in the top box and side cases.

20220509_192226.jpg

20220509_194516.jpg

Screenshot_20220510-114808_Gallery.jpg

20220509_213533.jpg

@TacomaJD , what cases are those on your bike, are they original Honda? I find them to be well balanced and small enough to not make the bike look like the wrong vehicle for the trip. :)

@TacomaJD , what cases are those on your bike, are they original Honda? I find them to be well balanced and small enough to not make the bike look like the wrong vehicle for the trip. :)
Yes, they are the oem Honda luggage cases. Had them on both of my NC's. I personally wouldn't have any other cases/boxes. They are cosmetically perfect in my opinion and provide sufficient storage space for me.

Yes, they are the oem Honda luggage cases. Had them on both of my NC's. I personally wouldn't have any other cases/boxes. They are cosmetically perfect in my opinion and provide sufficient storage space for me.
Thanks for replying. I can't find the link or pictures of them. Are these the crazy priced $1000 set here:
And they need also the installation frame which is sold separately, right?

Other question: Can you easily remove and put them back. I don't want to have them always on, just need to put them quickly before longer trips.

Thanks for replying. I can't find the link or pictures of them. Are these the crazy priced $1000 set here:
And they need also the installation frame which is sold separately, right?

Other question: Can you easily remove and put them back. I don't want to have them always on, just need to put them quickly before longer trips.
I’m with you on the price, it’s a bit steep, but I like the looks.

Between the side panniers, the mounting frame, and the top case, there is maybe $2,000. For that money people buy used off roaders. I don't know what makes Honda price those cases to be 20% of a new bike.

My question still stands, are they easy to remove and put back?

Between the side panniers, the mounting frame, and the top case, there is maybe $2,000. For that money people buy used off roaders. I don't know what makes Honda price those cases to be 20% of a new bike.

Yep. About $2000 for a full set of the latest Honda luggage. And once you buy it, it only works on the NC. You can’t really transfer it to any different future motorcycle.

Honda prices them that high because they can. Whether people are buying a lot of them is another thing.

And I was concerned that BMW overprices things. If Honda prices cases at $2000, how much is BMW charging for GS cases :p

Still not cheap but you can get them at a discount. If you are a veteran, or know one, you can order from revzilla with a 10% discount. Then if you time it right you can get an additional 10% off, maybe a gift card for 50-100 bucks too. Then you can use Honey as a browser extension, buy one of their gift cards to make the purchase and get another 10% off. Rocky mountain ATV has them for $724. Revzilla will match that price and give you those discounts I mentioned on top.

Yes. They install and remove in seconds.

He is correct. The Honda topbox is pure Givi. But the side cases were obviously designed by Honda making them more aerodynamic and sacrificing interior space.

He is correct. The Honda topbox is pure Givi. But the side cases were obviously designed by Honda making them more aerodynamic and sacrificing interior space.
The top box uses a 3 point mounting system similar to Givi's Monokey system but the case will only fit the Honda top case rack.

I got my bike with the bags but I priced them out at about $1500 with the Givi hardware, V47 top box, and Kappa kVenture 37ltr panniers. All solid quality, as you’d expect. I was never a big fan of the boxy metal panniers but they have grown on me and they hold so much…but not a helmet.

I got my bike with the bags but I priced them out at about $1500 with the Givi hardware, V47 top box, and Kappa kVenture 37ltr panniers. All solid quality, as you’d expect. I was never a big fan of the boxy metal panniers but they have grown on me and they hold so much…but not a helmet.
Paid 618 for both side and Givi top cases new from EM Moto out of Italy. Already had the racks for my bike. Not sure what the mounts would have been but I know I saved a lot buying out of country and waiting a little over a week to get them.

Edit for relevance. I do recommend the v37 Givi cases I went with. They don’t get in my pillions way, easy removal, and Givi side cases come with a kit to rekey a top case if you do decide to get one. While the side open bugs some, I just don’t like the squared cases that open top so I live with it and don’t have any issues. I also plan to eventually purchase the bags that go inside of them for easy packing and carrying into a hotel once I get my seat fixed and can tolerate some long trips.

Last edited:
Wow, that IS a great price for that equipment. The hardware seems to run about $150-175 in the US. I would have chosen those Givi 37 side cases if I had a choice. Very nice looking and flows with the bike better than the boxes.

Wow, that IS a great price for that equipment. The hardware seems to run about $150-175 in the US. I would have chosen those Givi 37 side cases if I had a choice. Very nice looking and flows with the bike better than the boxes.
It sure is. I had some knock offs that the bike came with that were rigged to the Givi racks. I delayed getting the cases because they are so expensive in the states but pulled the trigger when I found that price. EM moto also has kappa stuff real cheap as well. I know others have posted Italian sites and they are definitely worth looking at.

Back